All Topics / Forum Frolic / Who likes spiders?

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

Makes you wonder what other species we don’t know about that are out there that would give us the creeps.

Most foreigners think Australia’s full of poisonous things, and it pretty much is.

We have I think 7 out of the top 10 deadliest snakes in the world and don’t forget sharks (Tiger, White Pointer, Mako, Hammerhead) , blue ringed octopus, box jelly fish, spiders etc etc

What a great country we live in eh!

Nuh just joking, wouldn’t live anywhere else.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

Profile photo of blondie_becblondie_bec
    Participant
    @blondie_bec

I agree Rugbyfan, wouldn’t live anywhere else in the world but…… also very true about the most deadliest snakes….. I think we have the most venomous in the world here too! The Red Bellied Black Snake…I think?[nerd]

-Blondie[cowboy]

You’ll never know if you don’t give it a go!

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

hey rugby and blondie – never knew that about australia – know anything about NZ – would like to go and live there – anything dangerous up there…[blush2]

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

I think there are a few that are more deadly than the Red Belly.

The King Brown gives about 15 minutes before your heart stops, then there is the Death Adder, Taipan, Copperhead. I think they are all worse that the Red Belly.

There is one snake though which is not deadly to humans because I think it is either too small or does not inject enough toxins. It kills rodents and other small stuff. The venom is supposed to be able to stop a heartbeat in a matter of seconds.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey Rugby – I think your real profession is not property investing but a VET – how do you know so much about snakes???

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

Spent a bit of time in the bush, as well as camping, bushwalking etc. I also live on the border of Bobbin Head National Park. I have seen a few Diamond Pythons, Carpet Snakes and Red Bellies around here.

BTW, there are dangerous things in NZ…..

Sheep on heat!

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey Rugby – you married at all – if so how does your partner handle all this? Mate how can you deal with pythons – those things eat nothing but humans and carpet snakes – they go nowhere but in your homes and on your beds – you crazy or what!!!

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

This evening I tried to kill one of the spider in front of my home, then there was a lot baby spider like 30+ coming out. I think the spider just about to give birth…scary stuff…

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

your not serious are you Chan…[confused2]…I need you and Rugby to mentor me on ‘Bravery’ – I’m terrified of the tinniest spider – letalone a big mamma with 30 of her kids…[ohno2]

Participant
    @jetdollars

Geo,

I am serious coz there are quite a lot of spider around my house. I think I should get a pest control done soon. Every now and then I saw spider in my house as well. My wife and daughter hate it, so all the killing stuff is for me.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

so your Mr Mutcho hey Chan – all big and brave hey – the spider killing machine. If I had those many spiders around my house – I wouldn’t care what anyone paid me, I’d be packed up and gone out of there.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Chan = spiderman hehe
    [biggrin]

Profile photo of TzakiTzaki
    @tzaki
    Originally posted by Rugbyfan:

I think there are a few that are more deadly than the Red Belly.

The King Brown gives about 15 minutes before your heart stops, then there is the Death Adder, Taipan, Copperhead. I think they are all worse that the Red Belly.

There is one snake though which is not deadly to humans because I think it is either too small or does not inject enough toxins. It kills rodents and other small stuff. The venom is supposed to be able to stop a heartbeat in a matter of seconds.

I think the one that you are thinking about actually has small fangs set well back in the mouth, and can’t penetrate human skin, the MOST deadly spider venom is actually the daddy long legs, but it similarly can’t deliver it’s toxin (nuro toxin of some type I think…) through human skin.. lucky that eh??

The White tailed spider is tha one that causes continuing ulcerations (i.e. eats flesh) and that can deliver its toxin through our skin.. again both are found in Australia… the lucky country!1[blink]

Ever heard the Bill Cosby skit on bugs/roaches/spiders around the house? It’s a scream… basically reflecting the role Chan$ ( and I) get landed with.. the pest exterminator.
    “It’s just a tiny spider.. can’t hurt you.”
    “KILL IT!!!”
    “but it’s not doing any harm…”
    “KILL IT!!! Ewww horrible thing. KILL IT!!”
    “Yes dear…” squit
    “Yuck!! Now take it outside”

Heheehe reminds me of a time when I DID get a bit creeped out.. I picked my Dad up from work and was driving home. Flicked the sunvisor down as it was sunset and I was driving into the sun.. just before a round-about (yep that Canberra for you..) a LARGE (well not as bit as that camel spider.. but about 5cm across) spider drops onto the STEERING WHEEL just as I enter the round about… some VERY interesting steering techniques were employed getting round the rounabout I can tell you!! But the worst thing was… I COULD NOT LOCATE THE SPIDER AFTER THE TURN!!! Heh![blush2] a quite erm .. tenuous trip home keeping an eye out for it on the dash.. around the feet.. in my lap…

Every get that skin creeping feeling that you get when you brush a cobweb?? Well thats how I felt driving the 25km home that night. Just a tad jumpy[eh]

Steve Kerr

Opportunity knocks softly, listen carefully!

Participant
    @jetdollars

Steve,

Welcome to forum fun. It is nice to see more people here and shares ideas about anythings and laugh.

Cel,
    <<Chan = Spiderman>>….LOL
    I will make a lot of money out of it if I am a real spiderman.

Geo,
    Eventhough it’s a lot of spider here. It won’t harm us. So leaving is not the option, but killing it is a better option…lol.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

..well Chandollars – a few points for you my friend…

you welcome Steve to this fun forum – Im not considering this fun anymore. With a 5cm spider falling onto the steering, Id be speaking to God right now and if He willed that I stay alive. Id have that car incinerated and brought in Nuclear weapons experts from the UN as I consider any spider – even Daddy long legs to be a world risk[crying]. I don’t understand them – I’ve got mates who actually hold daddy long legs in their hands….rrrgghhh[ohno]

and as for Chan Chan making alot of money if being a spiderman, look at it closer – look at all the super heroes – its not money they obtain – its all the babes…[rolleyesanim]

and as for killing it – well my options are a little different to yours, Id rather run faster than it can or employ someone else to kill it for me..

Still scared[weird]
    George (spider-hater)

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.