All Topics / General Property / Tracking price drops

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of booboobooboo
    Participant
    @booboo

Hi everyone.
    i was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction ie website or book that has detailed graphs showing boom times and more importantly for me the slow or price droping times.
    ie in regards to interest rates and the economy and all the other things that affect prices and peoples confidence.
    I spoke to a real estate guy a while back who reckons he predicted this boom as he believes that house prices have a maxy boom every 14 years and a mini boom every 6-7 years.
    Is he correct?
    This boom was about 14 years from the 1987/88 boom.Did prices boom in 1973/4 and 1960/1 ?
    booboo

Profile photo of Tim_3Tim_3
    @tim_3

Booboo,

the book:

“Investing in Residential Property -Understanding the Australian Property Market” by Peter Waxman, 5th Edition is an encylopedia of facts, graphs and tables on interest rates, inflation, price movements, building approvals, migration, supply and demand factors, government determinants, business, cycle, taxation and the economy and its effects.

It’s pretty heavy going but worth getting into if you want detailed information.

It’s pretty hard to correlate all the factors to see what’s happening however I do agree with what you said about the booms and mini booms overall, based on observation and from this book as well.

Timbo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.