All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Amount able to distribute to beneficiaries

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Someone please clear this up,

Just spoke to my acca and she reckons the amount you are able to distribute to the beneficiaries in a family trust is $643.00 if they are under 18.

There’s a reason i had five kids, and this aint one of them…

WF

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

If they do not work the maximum amount you can pay them without going over the child tax rate is $643 (over this amount and they have to pay 48.5%l, so the highest marginal rate).

If they work for you however you can pay them as you would pay a normal person. Of course homework is NOT considered work [;)].

Check out a manual/book called Trust Magic (p://www.gatherumgoss.com/shopping.htm), I think it would help you out in your quest to reduce tax.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Stop playing games you little devil…

What constitutes work, and can a 12 month old be considered an employee,and can a trust fund have employees. If I have to read another book, i’ll then be awake for 23.5 hours in the day….[sleepyanim]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

A Trust can have employees, but 12 months old??

You can still distribute any amount to minors, but they must pay tax at a rate of about 66% for amounts over $643.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Well it depends on how far you wish to push – use the baby in a advertising campaign (do a deal where you pay royalties).

Just maks sure it’s similar enough to a commercial deal – but otherwise, as I suggested before, get Trust Magic (p://www.gatherumgoss.com/shopping.htm). It contains all these details and alot more (so you will be paying almost no tax).

You probably wouldn’t try to use your 18 month old child, but the eldest could do administration duties for you. Or use some of the suggestion Trust Magic contains.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

@wallflower

Hmmm, O.K half an hour of sleep it is

Thanks

WF

Profile photo of JuliaJulia
    @julia

Wallflower,
    Just for fun not advice:
    There is a case of a primary producer successuflly claiming for wages paid to a 4 year old because he could prove that the 4 year old was capable of brining the cows in for milking

@wallflower

Milking it for all he can get eh !!
    [cowboy2]

WF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.