All Topics / Help Needed! / Irish investor…starting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of BrocheBroche
    Participant
    @broche

Hi all, this is my first time to the forum, but have read many of your postings which i have found very helpful..I live in NSW and will be for the forseeable future due to an aussie girlfiend..Where to look and find the properties is my problem…i was going to get a big map on Oz do my rsearch by state down to towns to find the right area for a combo of growth potential to postive cash flow etc….its a long road ahead with allot of study, i planning research of about 6 mths b4 getting in, is this the way to go or can anyone point me in the right direction…I won’t give up cos i need some financial freedom so I can afford to spend time back in Ireland with Family

Thanks for any help offered

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

Hi Broche,
    I think you’re on the right track. A lot of research is essential. As a way to refine your search for areas to invest, I’ve heard of people using rules such as, ‘never in a town with a population less than 20,000’, or, ‘must be at least two local industries’, or, ‘must not be in population decline’ etc. Perhaps if you formulated such rules for yourself it would expediate your research.

Regards,
    Si

Profile photo of BrocheBroche
    Participant
    @broche

thanks Si,

all these little tips go along way and save allot of time…also what i am picking up is that maybe some states maybe peferable to concentrate than others, though living in NSW I would prefer start here.

onto the hard work

thanks again

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Hi ya there.
    Rules for this and rules for that.
    Statistics for this and that.
    IMHO you do a bit of research and decide which road you want to take.
    I,m strictly +CF so once you know what you want you concentrate on that and only that.That way you dont get distracted.
    All the statistics in the world aint gonna get you the ones that everyone else wants.
    Its going with your gut feeling and taking a chance to look at something outside the square.
    Look where no one else is looking and see whats there.
    Success comes from doing things differently my dear.
    Russ.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.