All Topics / Opinionated! / Finding property using ‘the formula’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of KarenPKarenP
    @karenp

Have looked in areas surrounding my home town, sometimes going well over 100 kms, and have found NOTHING that fits ‘the formula’. To use the formula, especially where I live (Grafton, NSW), is nigh near impossible as you would have to expect the vendor to accept half the price that he is asking. When there are plenty of buyers willing to pay that price, there is no hope whatsoever for investors using the advice from Steve.

Anyone else had the same experience?

K F Petterson

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Hi Karen F Petterson, mind if i call you Kazza ?

check out the Investor Strategies section, you’ll find there’s more than one way to skin a cat

WF

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Look further afield.There are plenty of opportunities out there you just have to broaden your search horizons.
    Russ.

Profile photo of bashibabashiba
    Participant
    @bashiba

Hi,

I learned a thing or two from Steve’s book and have used it to set up a service whereby I can refer you to sources of positive cashflow properties in Australia. Some of these properties are more positve cashflow in the Margaret Lomas style (i.e. taking depreciation into account), are in areas expecting good growth and are available right now.

If you would like to take a look at these properties, please email me and I’ll put you on the mailing list for properties as they come to my attention.

Cheers,

Phil

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Hi Karen,

I think it may be the wrong time to look at cheapo properties in towns of 1000 people as a form of investment. You are now buying into the very top end of the cycle – like a pyramid scheme the last in get the most burnt.

Be brave and do something different to the rest of the market until the perfect opportunity comes along – usually happens every month or so I think ;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.