Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Profile photo of _se7en__se7en_
    @_se7en_

Richie

If Bec’s “ranting diatribes” where too much, why not just edit them, and say <edited – personal attack>

This site will lose more than it will gain by excluding people.

I urge Steve to reassess the edict

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

OK,

This has gone to the appeals tribunal and the verdict is…

…life sentence has upheld.

I contacted Bec previously and asked her to adhere to the rules. I’ve deleted her inappropriate posts. I’ve edited her inappropriate posts. In the end though, if I can’t rely on people to follow the rules then its time to move them on. I’ve done it before and no doubt I’ll do it again.

It wasn’t the differing opinions that I was worried about. No, it was the personal slander that was totally unacceptable.

And as I said, enough was eventually enough.

Those of you who agreed with Bec are encouraged to continue posting alternative views – just make them polite and constructive rather than full of scorn and sarcasim.

As for other members crossing the line, and in particular Pisces. I believe that he was responding to personal attacks more often than not – however, I’ll continue to monitor the forums and when things get out of control I’ll take the necessary action – which is what I did with Bec.

Onwards and upwards for us all.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey ya’ll

just thought I’d add my 2 cents worth and tell you all to check out a post or two or even three or four on the FORUM FROLIC – and have ya’all some laughs…change the scenery and environment a bit…hehe[biggrin]

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I tend to agree with seven, but can also see other points of view.
    Personally, I liked to have Bec back on the forum.
    I like listening to extreme opposite opinions.
    I like as much freedom of speech as possible.
    ALl that needed to be done was edit Bec, not terminate her.

But wait and see, I bet “she’ll be back”.

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Ok. I accept the appeals court judgement. I would not be surprised to see her appear again as JenBec.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Good one, Yack, too funny![biggrin]

Profile photo of _se7en__se7en_
    @_se7en_
    Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

‘where theres a will, theres a way’ – if Bec wants to come back – she can as someone else and start fresh – hate to see the stars go…

Profile photo of blondie_becblondie_bec
    Participant
    @blondie_bec

I, being on the outside having only seen one of Bec’s posts can only come to one conclusion.

Any comment that is made with direct reference to another forum member of a derogatory manner is unacceptable. Wether it be a new member, old member, moderator, or OWNER of the web site this behavious is against the rules.

So Seven it does not matter wether people liked Bec’s comments and opinions, and perhaps they were valid and in some cases helpful regardless of this she has overstepped the boundaries and now must pay the consequences.

I am hoping that Bec had a warning before she was booted tho……?

From what I’ve heard, Steve you did the appropriate thing, we are not here for a slingin match were here to learn about investing, help others and maybe make a few friends along the way![daisy]

Anyway that’s just my 10 cents worth!

-Blondie[cowboy]

You’ll never know if you don’t give it a go!

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey Blondie

how dare you offer 10 cents worth. you should know better. You know your only allowed to offer 2 cents worth not 10 – you have overstepped the boundary…..[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]hahahahaha…hey cowboy – even though your a girl, I think I’ll always call you a cowboy if u don’t mind – did you get worried with those few lines – did I scare you…hahahahaha…..we love ya matey – keep postin champ

Participant
    @blondie_bec

Hey geo!!! It’s fine that you call me cowboy…

HEY! I give my 10 cents worth coz I think you all deserve 10 cents not your piddly 2 cents![lmao]

-Blondie[cowboy]

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Se7en,

Simply put if you don’t like the decision, it’s too bad.

YOU yourself have made defamatory attacks against people, so, you should be on notice as well….

THIS ISSUE is NOT about different opinions. As much as Bec cheesed me off, and PERSONALLY ATTACKED me, I STILL RESPECTED her right to differing views.

That still, DOES NOT EXCUSE the fact that she :

1. Constantly made personal attacks on people’s character.
    2. Offered 0% constructive criticism
    3. Avoided presenting ANY facts to support her so called proof of issues…. it was all opinion…
    4. Generally offended many people.

We may not like everyone here, but it does not mean we should stop debating in a civilised manner.

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

i disagree – becs comments were almost always very well thought out and not personal in there content.

@pelican

They may or may not have been well thought out, but there were seldom FACTS to support the issue…

MANY, comments were personal attacks or jibes……..

We are where we are….. now let’s get on with real estate…… It’s Steve’s Board, and, his right to do as he pleases… no one forces us to visit here……

Scott

Pelican Investments
    http://www.pelican-invest.com

Profile photo of _se7en__se7en_
    @_se7en_

Pelican i think you are downplaying the contribution that Bec did make to this forum.

I still think that there has to be a better way of dealing with these issues rather than barring people from the site.

Participant
    @blondie_bec
    Originally posted by aussierogue:

i disagree – becs comments were almost always very well thought out and not personal in there content.

I think before you disagree aussierogue that you should look through the posts under the locked topic about ABC and Steve. Perhaps looking at Bec’s posts AND your own may be wise as you even admitted in there yourself that one comment in particular was unnecessary and Steve did not deserve it……. it was also a personal attack.

So perhaps look up some stuff before you make statements in people’s defense!…. Just a suggestion.[blush2]

-Blondie[cowboy]

@pelican

Se7en,

Bec only has herself to blame here..

She was warned on numerous occassions to tone it down, and she ignored that……

There is contributing and there is contributing….. a MAJORITY of Bec’s posts were not constructive at all….. and that is what was asked of her…..

NOT a crushing of her will, but a request to be more balanced in her comments….. She didn’t do that, and now it’s too late……

we all have a choice… stay here and continue discussing real estate in a civilised manner, or, head for the door…… your call which option you want to take…..

Participant
    @aussierogue

blondie see the word ‘almost’

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Yack said : “Steve – Have you placed Pisces on notice. I have seen a few of his/her comments over the past few months that seem to attack the person not the argument.

Like suggesting Bec go see a psychiatrist.”

Yack, there is no stigma attached to seeing a psychiatrist so what is it that you are actually saying ?

Are you questioning my judgement ? [blink]

Pisces

Participant
    @aussierogue

pisces – you are suggesting someone who disagrees with you has a mental health problem – yes that is defamitory and in the workplace and other aqreas wld be deemed harassment.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.