All Topics / Hotch Potch / case details…loan needed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of sandyvgsandyvg
    @sandyvg

Further to my query on vendor finance…someone suggested I post details of my case, in the event maybe vendor finance is not the only option….
    banks say ..go save a deposit…but while you do, up go the prices of property and is never ending wheel!
    So if you are interested..heres a case to consider..

debts:
    15000 at a bank for car loan.
    visas worth 5600 and about 500 on another
    Medical debts due NOW for radiation costs last year of 1200
    about 1000 in the bank but that will go on living costs, bond for new place (my lease runs out in 2 weeks and HAVE to shift ..various reasons..location etc

income:
    55,000 per year…been in the job 6 mths on salary and have letter saying permanent job, and it is stable. No partner – income or otherwise!

now..am I a hopeless case, and need to move into cheaper unit to save some for deposit or costs, or do some homework on vendor finance? This vendor is open to pretty much anything, but wont sell togive it away. But still have to do costs of body corp, rates properly etc and will next few days and get independant valuation. (I work for a real estate agency on gold coast as an Operations Manager so have inside help and knowledge myself of lots of this.)Also know about tax offsets for investing later etc.

So how much can I borrow, and what will it cost if you have an answer of how?

One other thing…have owned houses in Aust before so no FHOG for me..but..have a daughter also aust cit coming back from NZ on May 5. She wants to use her fhog but has no job yet but will soon after gets here Im sure. she is 21. She wants to know if her and I can do anything, with my income, her grant. She wants to live in Brisbane, so I dont mind a rental for tax ded for me to? Can the fhog be used like this with split title or if not, how?

Anyone interested with a non-dodgy answer?

Thanks…

Sandy

SandyVG

Profile photo of picja1picja1
    @picja1

When suppling debts for borrowing power, only mthly repayments needed for current loans and limits of credit cards.

In regards to FHOG and daughter etc.

You can’t use your income, unless you go with the CBA’s new loan, however need equity in property.

Besides that No Go.

Profile photo of picja1picja1
    @picja1

Sorry, borrowing power.

Assuming the $55k is net and not gross (if it is gross borrowing power will be less)
    and your monthly repayments are $600( if they are higher, will lower borrowing power).

The approx maximum, with these figures, would be $360000.

These figures have only been used through one lender, other lenders will differ.

Profile photo of sandyvgsandyvg
    @sandyvg

Thanks Picja..

55k is gross. About 41K nett.

based on your replies..I need to..

consolidate all my debts somehow with some nice lender!..

go shopping for a new apartment with a vendor leaving in the deposit…

shift and smile, build equity, then look at doing same for a tax deduction as an investment to cut down the tax to ATO on my 55K!!!??

Thanks for the motivation..now just have to find the right lender and vendor match….hmm.may even take up poetry!…:)

Sandy

SandyVG

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

I get round $360K gross borrowings (from a bank to a wraper) as well. If you paid off your credit cards you could borrow another $40K, so I would highly suggest you pay them off ASAP (or even take out a personal loan, and using the saved interest that you paid on your credit and apply to your loan (that part is the most important part!). Also cut up your CC (until youi can control your debt levels better)..

Perhaps move into a cheaper place to save money to afford a deposit, for your next ptoperty (as well as to pay of those credit cards!).

You also said that you have found a property, give us the details of the prop. so we can see if one of us can help[ you (price, location, rates if known, etc).

Heres my previous reply to a a differing thread by you, don’t know if you saw it or not…

You can go guarantor on the loan, but simply going guarantor doesn’t mean much to the banks anymore (they dislike repo’ing guarantors property, esp. the family home), so they still will assess her on the main loan criteria and if she doesn’t qualify then they will simply deny the loan.

There is also problem if you try to get the loan, but she ‘buys’ the property (i.e. title goes in her name). The banks would call the loan back (as you have breached one of it’s conditions) and you would have to pay back the loan immediately.

So there are 3 options, first you gift her 20% deposit (she can get a no/low docs home loan, but still must meet bank criteria), or you could on sell with a wrap (so she can still qualify for FHOG). For more info on wrapping go here:
    http://propertyinvesting.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=13
    If it was me, I would wait until she got a job (how will she pay the mortgage if she doesn’t have a job???). So she might have to get short-term rental, or move in with you, but if she can’t see the opportunity you are giving her (for a bit of short term inconvenience) then she obviously can’t handle the responsibility of a mortgage (this point is extremely important).

The third is you buy a place together and live in it (together), but put title in her name, but that means you are both repsonsible for the loan and she could kick you out at any stage and you would have to go through a court battle to get recognition that you own a part of the property. If you went down this path you I would suggest you go and see a lawyer (one that knows about cavets, etc). The banks would find it hard to call in the loan, and probably wouldn’t bother (or a mortgage broker would prob. disclose it to the bank, and then there is nothing to worry about).

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

sandy- thanks for your email. A few points on your situation.

* If you want the place to be your home, you won’t have tax deductions.

* The market is flatter now- can you use this time to save a deposit instead of going for VF?

* You have a decent wage and no encumbrances aside of personal credit and a car loan. I am sure more traditional lenders would loan you money for a mortgage. Have you had a mortgage broker come to your home to assess your situation? Why are you choosing VF?

kay henry

Profile photo of sandyvgsandyvg
    @sandyvg

Hi all that responded..update here from todays developments….

Lucifer..had to move in 2 weeks so decided to take a cheaper place today to live on my own..rent only 210 per wk and walk to work so less costs etc while can live on my own again. YES! move 30 april. also saw a mortg broker friend for advice. He said..cut up CC! save money..pay off debts like YOU said and see what market does in next 6 mths when more likely to be able to borrow. SO thanks..all advice is good on same day!
    Decided not to go ahead with unit..altho vendor dep maybe available but BC fees 900 qtr. rates not sure but she wants top price. In six months will be alot less maybe and another place there cheaper for sale. I work in real estate office in systems not sales but at the front line for the cheapies coming in the door in 6 mths too!
    anyway to answer question..unit 1 brn gc great views, top cond all new reno..240,000. she asking 300 rent p wk return and may get it. so later..options available..meantime has lead me to this site so is great for more an more knowledge.

As per my daughter..she will get job..sort herself in 6 mths..mum cant help this time..CC up cos of kids as well as medical bills and now have to sort it all.

So thanks all..advice well received and appreciated..while saving will spend time on net on here for company and advice!
    Have a wonderful weekend all…
    take care
    Sandy

SandyVG

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘case details…loan needed’ is closed to new replies.