All Topics / Help Needed! / Is it the right time ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of johnpjohnp
    @johnp

I’m thinking of buying a 3 b’room townhouse in Geelong, Belmont in Victoria, as initially an investment then as a holiday house for the family.
    I put in an offer of $270K, but doing some research of the area, i can get a 3 b’room house on a decent size block for less in the same area.
    Thing is it’s exactly what we want. 3 b’rooms small block, low maintenance, but am i paying too much ? Is it the right time to buy ? Should i wait another 6 months for prices to keep falling ?

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi John,

Definetely don’t wait – well that’s my opinion anyway…Geelong prices won’t fall – especially with the new airport and many students go to study in Geelong…I know this for a fact…I would believe it is the perfect time. And personally I would get that property because it is low maintenance – that’s what I prefer…but how much less can you get the other similar property you speak about.

Maybe this property is costing a little extra because of surrounding factors such as location, area, schools, shops, transport – look at all of these and the consider. I don’t know of property prices in Geelong because I have never looked there but I do believe it will continue to rise in value.

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of aluminatialuminati
    Participant
    @aluminati

Dont wait.
    Do it now, even if prices stagnate or slow off in the long term only history is your teacher.
    Geelong, it is going to do great things thats my prediction.
    aluminati

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.