All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing overseas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of lstarrlstarr
    @lstarr

Anyone thought of investing overseas? I noticed a few people investing in New Zealand… what about any other countries? Do you need citizenship?

Thanks
    Lucia

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

You might have to get permission from a foreign review board or equivilant.

A way round it, is to use a coporate strucutre (so you don’t need citizenship).

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I would like to invest in Bali or Fiji – not sure if you need citizenship though. My cousin is from Africa and he came recently to Australia and bought a house and bought it cash. He therefore didn’t need any citizenship since he was not going to take out any loans. My understanding is that it would be the same for Oz investors investing overseas – as long as they pay cash.

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

In Australia there are various rules about non residents buying property – it has nothing to do with loans. check out the foregin investment review board.

Going overseas, it depends on the country whether you need citizenship or not.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.