All Topics / General Property / Good Solicitor/Good Accountant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JLtarraJLtarra
    Participant
    @jltarra

Hi there,
    Just a general enquiry on how important is it to have a good solicitor as to a good accountant.
    I realise a good accountant can put dollars back in your pocket
    On the other hand a good solicitor is gonna be an expensive one??? What advantages are there in having a good solicitor???

Thank you all.
    john [biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

You need someone who will read every bit of fine print and do every search imaginable that could be required.

Yes, you will have to pay extra for the searches and their time, but it is invaluable. Ours is around $1000 per property but worth every cent. If you are investing your hard earned cash somewhere, don’t you think it is worthwhile getting the best help?

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

If you can find a solicitor who is also a property investor (or at least is good enough that he or she SHOULD be one) then they are great as part of your team. For example, say you are buying a property and you cant arrange the building inspection in time and the contract is about to go unconditional and you dont know what to do! What are your options? AAAAArghhhhh. Just ask your good solicitor for his advice and get him to sort it out for you.

(now imagine this in a situation twice as hard and you want to KNOW that your solicitor will have the answer for you).

John.

(I believe that later this year there will be no +CF deals left in NZ, so I’ve moved here to invest full time. I can find +CF deals for your NZ portfolio for a fee, just email me [email protected])

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

Oh just another thought. When I was starting to buy property all I used was a conveyancer.

Now that I am seriously investing, I use a good solicitor.

If you are seriously investing, then you need a good solicitor as much as a good accountant.

John.

(I believe that later this year there will be no +CF deals left in NZ, so I’ve moved here to invest full time. I can find +CF deals for your NZ portfolio for a fee, just email me [email protected])

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.