All Topics / Opinionated! / In Memoriam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

This week it is 10 years ago since the massacre, the slaughter, took place in Rwanda.

The Hutus, in an attempt to wipe out the Tutsis,
    slaughtered some 800,000 Tutsis whilst the world, including the organisation called The United Nations stood by, sitting on their hands.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, …..

Today we can see in Iraq how easy it is to whip up hatred for a particular group of people.

We can see how easily people are led, are swept up in a frenzy.

It is oh so easy to reason (for example) ‘Oh, they are illiterate natives, they are excitable Arabs and so on, we would never act like this, we are civilised.’

Think again, the civilised world stood idly by whilst the slaughter went on in Rwanda.

Doesn’t that make them an accomplice too ?

The fact is that such dramas start off with, be it deliberately or unthoughtfully, singling out
    a particular group in our midst. Others may jump onto the bandwagon and, hey, soon we will have a bloodbath on our hands.

It doesn’t matter whether the subject of our hate is a religious or a political group, aborigines or whiteys, gender, sexuality, they all are people.

Think, before you speak, or you may well go down in history as the person who poured the drop which made the bucket overflow.

Peace starts with respect for other people.

Pisces

Profile photo of _se7en__se7en_
    @_se7en_

Pieces,

You seem to foget that Rwanda does not have oil

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Hi Pisces,
    I was in Timor – same horror stories, so quickly forgotten as Rwanda – and I sense from your post a lack of respect for UN – found that myself in Timor – the Civil arm of UN that is.

CastleDreamer

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

We are all our own worst enemies………who will save us from ourselves? Sucking the last breath from our wonderfull island oasis in the voids of space? nowhere left to go from here.

1 billion people at the turn of the century 25 billion at the next!

We are polutants of the planet…………the human race…………

Dont get me started on inequality!

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….” “Even though you may be on the right track, you can still get run over if you sit there long enough”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.