All Topics / General Property / What Have You Learned in the Last 24 Hours?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I have learnt that Im loving this forum – its an adrenalin rush…

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

I’ve learned that if I don’t make a quick move somebody else may buy the property that I want to buy. I would feel disappointed but I could still find and buy another one. If I plan to visit my parents and keep postponing the trip I would still taking the trip but to his/her funeral.

I’ve learned that if I accepted my dad’s money to buy a house in Sydney 30 years ago my dad would have plenty of money by now. But with or without plenty of money he still lived one of the most meaningful life to & beyond the end. We donated all the money collected from his funeral to the needies as he wished.

Huey

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

oh Chan you speedster! lucky for 3 point eh?

Russ- i was talking the other day with a friend, he has two daughters they are mixed family as in cultures. I said daughter 2 is chip off the old block, living high life, spending and enjoying in the hear and now, daughter 1, i saw as the investor adn took after the other. he said no way if I had been tougher I would have so much.

He went on to say that he wanted his family to help pitch in for daughter 2 as she has no hope of owning a home, her and partner on benefits and one child. No work. Daughter one is with boyfriend, both have careers, earn good, saved well, lived at home and rented out until they moved in. Daughter 1 is about 23. She is buying another property, her equity is around 600k now.

one works hard the other has little hope. I said you cannot treat one child so different to the other, he said but she has no chance, I said she used her money to live the good life, and you have a grandchild because of it. Doing the family thing, woudl have to treat both equal or you get jealousy and problems. he didnt see it.

He said it was inteligence. He felt that we are not all equal. I argued we can all access education, we can go educate ourselves, if not in school in life. we have the same opportunities. he disagreed. He said some just dont get it. i said was that the way he saw his two daughters? one got it the other didnt? did he treat them differently (favourite yes)was one smarter?

he just said we dont all have the same chances. I disagreed

After that I spoke with my mother, I asked what made me and my siblings so different? A sister that wouldnt finish school, got a job, got married and divorced and just about bankrupt, now recovering after sisterly intervention. Which I might add I have done all my life!

Brother didnt finish school, he has 7 kids, recently separated, no hope he says, defaults like you wouldnt beleive. Scoffs at even trying. I bang my head! Me, I always loved money and property, parents alwasy self employed, money was always around so we were used to it, not well off, not rich just managed. I just managed to finish high school.

so anyone got theories?

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

elves :o))

There is a recent book about siblings and favouritism by parents. Most parents say they don’t favour children one over the other, and that they treat them all the same. But when they ask the children, the children generally have a very different idea- and see that some children are clearly favoured over the other. The book is about how the kids end up- what they end up doing, and it’s the first book about parents favouring. The kids who say their parents favour another sibling, are often the ones who end up with poorer life opportunities- perhaps it’s a self-esteem thing. I guess kids know if they are not treated equally as favourably, it can’t help but affect them.

kay henry

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I have learnt that it’s in possible to catch upto Chandollars[blink][confused2][eh]

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

I’ve learn a lot about cat flu….does that count?

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Elves,

That was quite scary. I don’t think I have the theory.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of ghotibghotib
    @ghotib

I’ve learnt that when you fly 800 miles or so to stay with dear friends and incidentally to look at IPs you hire a car. The dear friends mean it when they offer you the use of their 2nd car while you were in town, but when you actually arrive they get nervous.

I’ve also learnt that friendships can survive property investment, but it takes effort.

Ghoti (the wheels deprived)

Without music, life would be a mistake.

@elves

Acey: I learned a logn time ago that cat flu is serious and if you are a breeder, scary!

Chan, I have no therories really, but it makes you think- environmental? developmental, genetics..oh thats another topic!

This week I learnt, I am too old for exams, the brain cells are dying!

Friends: true friends are like diamonds,
    precious and rare
    bad friends, like autumn leaves are found everywhere….I dont know the author.

Elves

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

I have learnt trying to put my daughter to sleep is not an easy task. When yelling did not work, you have to beg.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

@elves

what chan? no lullabys?

Oh I recall years fo standing and rocking, driving for hours in a car, zombie mode for the rest of the day….
    a time I er sadly miss…..lol

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.