All Topics / General Property / What Have You Learned in the Last 24 Hours?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Profile photo of recoverymanrecoveryman
    @recoveryman

I hate my day job and need to start looking at leaving and just doing PI
    recovery

“I should be content to look at a mountain for what it is and not as a comment on my life” D. Ignatow

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Go for it recoveryman, I hope you manage a smooth transition. Be careful and gooluck!!
    [angel]

lifexperience

Profile photo of imagodeiimagodei
    @imagodei

[strum]Thank you all it was music to my ears. New to this forum and interested in learning as much as possible.

I have learnt that Optus does not provide broadband in my area so time for a new provider.[weird]

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I have learnt NOT to trust banks…[angry2]

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

I went out and had a look at some regional NSW towns (new england and upper hunter).

I thought they’d be ok to live in if they had a beach [biggrin]

Profile photo of ShusharShushar
    @shushar

I’ve learnt that by getting out of town, it is possible to forget about all that is stressing you for a few days.

[happy3]

Shushar

“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney

Profile photo of SamwiseSamwise
    @samwise

I’ve just learnt that Cat in the Hat is a funny film – took my daughter today.

Learnt nothing to do with investment however.Unless it’s worth investing in children’s films.

Tegan[biggrin]

Profile photo of rebecca2rebecca2
    @rebecca2

In the last 24hrs I learnt doing my very first investment reno.

Painting the gutters from brunswick green to cream makes a huge difference. [hair2]

Using light coloured tiles where there were dark ones not only makes the room lighter but increases the size more dramatically than I would have thought. [specool]

You must always use spacers between tiles. Even if you think you have a keen eye for making things straight. [grrr]

I have probably done 70% of the reno on my own so far. Before I started I was worried that I would get into the first couple of days and start asking myself why did I start this project. After 4 weeks and about 3/4 the way through I’m still happy I started. Even though the property market seems to have stagnated a little.[biggrin]

Its amazing how much you can learn if you force yourself to stop reading and get out and do it for yourself. Huge learning curve [medieval]

Profile photo of BalliezBalliez
    Participant
    @balliez

I have leanrt that find books on investing the brisbane city libraries is harder than i sounds , because everyone has the same idea as me and wants to learn about investing…

ahh well..book store here i come [thumbsup2]

The weak will feed off of the strong until they are strong enough to be fed off of…

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

I have learnt that loving your children is the most important things in this world! and no I did not learnt this in the last 24 hours but since my daughter was born.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Chan.
    Its a shame that the children dont realise this.
    You live your whole life for them and then when they turn into teenagers you sometimes wonder why you did it.

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by RussH:

Chan.
    Its a shame that the children dont realise this.
    You live your whole life for them and then when they turn into teenagers you sometimes wonder why you did it.

RussH,

do you love your parent? if you do like me then I am sure your parent and my parent are very happy. So we only hope that our children will love us as much as we love our parent.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

we teach cildren
    but children teach us
    I’m never too old.

no matter what they do to you, or what path they go down, you ‘gotta love em’ after all they are part of you.

I wouldnt change a thing, even if I questioned and doubted myself as a parent.

You might think you lost, but the battle is never to give in, or give up hope or love.

If they dont realise, then arent we to teach them that?

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of gava1gava1
    @gava1

I am new to the forum and have learnt that there is alot to learn about the forum.

Participant
    @jetdollars

Elves,

You are spotted on there! If the children going the wrong way that you don’t want them to go then that is the time for you take some action. But educate your children early is the best way to avoid later problem.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

I have two boys and never favoured one over the other.Always encouraging them to reach for the stars etc.
    They both had the same love.discipline,upbringing.
    Yet my oldest who is nineteen has a good job and is currently getting in to investing.
    The other boy is seventeen.Never had a job.Prefers to steel to get what he wants.Has a list of convictions as long as your arm.
    And thinks the world owes him everything.
    Parenting can be a very stressful job.

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Hey RussH,
    Why don’t you include the youngest one in on some deals. I mean don;t put his name on any paperwork, but show him how its done. He might take a liking to it and run with it. Can’t exactly steal property, well not in a conventional sense…

Good luck with him. He will one day work out what he wants.

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

welcome gava to the forum – hope you enjoy…cheers

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

I just learnt that you should wear your seatbelt ($105) when passing a police car, never wear thongs with no grip on a wet pavement, and make sure your car tyres don’t become bald ($75). Today has not been my best day :(

Participant
    @jetdollars

WaySolid,

That’s a good weekend spend, but instead you pay to them.

I never learnt regarding speeding. When I drive I check my speed infrequent and often get book on spot, but for some unknown reason I alway can hang on to my last 3 points for at least 3 years.

As soon as I got my points back I get another ticket within month. Currently have 3 points.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.