All Topics / General Property / BRAINSTORMING. Something New, What Would You Do?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

I just thought I would start a new thread of new ideas of ways to invest, from real estate to anything else. New ways preferably, Wild idea’s thrown around.

Lets call it a Brain storming session.[buz2]

Lets just throw heaps of ideas around and see if we can connect the dots and come up with new ways that have real potential.

So no matter how weird or how silly you think it is, lets just throw it up in the air and see how it all lands.

Maybe a story about your kids making money.

Here one about my 14 yo son when he was 5. He took heaps of wool from his mother’s wool bag, (with out asking) and collected heaps of ice cream sticks, and made dream catchers out of them. Went door to door to the neighbours selling them for 50cents ea. Made himself a pretty some of money. Once he run out of wool, and sticks he then decided to collect pebbles from his mothers landscaped front yard, and tried selling them to the same people as crystals, needless to say that venture died real quick. But he certainly didn’t let it stop him he then went on to pick oranges from 1st of all his mothers tree’s in her back yard then from friends and family and went door to door selling them. His mother didn’t like it and put a stop to his ventures.

So what stories or ideas have you guys got?

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

Once upon a time long ago in a galaxy far far away…….sorry, just drifting back to my youth!

When we were 10, we used to go down to the local fruit market and buy toffee apples for 20c a pop, set up the kitchen table on the corner just up from were I lived when the folks were out, and sell them to the motorists for 60c a pop.

We expanded from there to include fruit, cakes etc but steered away from hot foods because of cash flow problems for capital purchase.

Then we had the illegle trading issues but even the local police would buy from us.

(The lemonade was a flop)[blink]

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….”

@salubrious

I am looking at a few franchises at present Bear, I know a couple that has a fast food one and they dont work in at all. Returns aren’t bad either.

If you want to make a good return say 12-16% then grab 5 or 6 million and buy a pub. Pokies = $$$

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….”

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

ewwwwwww!

smokes and drunks and the smell of beer.
    not easy to get a licence, expensive to buy

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

i will let you know my ideas once i have marketed them!
    lol

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of mikeejmikeej
    @mikeej

I have a method, I call it Mikes golden theory.[biggrin] I can’t reveal it though, it’s a secret. Iv’e told a few people, but the rest of you will have to guess!

This should be a smart sounding comment but it isn’t!

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

“BATHTIME BABES”
    Just imagine getting home from work after a gruelling day and having a BATHTIME BABE meet you at the door
    You show her in and while you are having a coldie she is running your bath.
    The rest is up to your own imagination.
    Could be a good money spinner.
    Russ.[biggrin]

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of secretgnomesecretgnome
    @secretgnome

One thing I rekon you could do maybe in the future is make a computer program to invest in property. That way you wouldn’t be limited to your own time to analyse deals & do the work.

It could tap into numerous abs & other data on the internet to identify the most likely growth areas, while also accessing numerous real estate data to put together possible deals. Using this sorta program, you could simplify the process so much that you could employ secretaries or whatever to do the necessary phone calls & all, while you just sit back and watch the money pile grow :).

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Below is not my idea, but I like to share with you guys.

If you buy -CF property then you will need money to support your IPs which is from your own pocket. One way to turn -cf property to neutral is to buy shares and write a covered call against it (Peter Spann). You will get a monthly premium and use it to pay your -cf property. To do this then you need a large capital in which I don’t have at the moment.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

One more idea is to contact Steve McKnight for permission and compile all the informations in this forum as questions and answers and publish it as books and sale it in the book stores.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

To show off my bad marketing skills:
    On a very hot day, when I was about 5 I made a little stall of lemon cordial and stood in a busy street swapping cups of cordial for a song or kiss.

Profile photo of Nathan BirchNathan Birch
    Participant
    @nathan-birch

Hey guys just my tip, i invest in money aswell.
    coins fresh off the press, people buy then prices go up!
    just a thought.BTW the program and selling tips to novice investors is good aswell!

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

I’d like to run a potato trian!

Maybee a franchise. It wouldn’t take to much to run, i never buy them potatos, but they are really nice and i always drive past them and say and think there too dear. I serender to temptation sometimes and indulge and stuf your face full of a big hot potata.

I know they get there potatoes buy the bag and there is no way people should pay $8 for one big potato.

I just think if you charged a good price, alot more people would come and it could kick on.

Another One:

The local pub here is way cheap he has been trying to sell for 9 years. It a big two storey blue stone with deteriating room up stairs. It’s nothing new for any of the locals to say, “boy i wish nashy would sell the pub so someone could comein and fix it up again”. It would need to be picked up.

I would apply a manager to it, other wise it would be too time consuming for me. Fantastic great function room and dance area lounge-room going to waste.

@salubrious
    Originally posted by Jaffasoft:

I’d like to run a potato trian!

Maybee a franchise. It wouldn’t take to much to run, i never buy them potatos, but they are really nice and i always drive past them and say and think there too dear. I serender to temptation sometimes and indulge and stuf your face full of a big hot potata.

I know they get there potatoes buy the bag and there is no way people should pay $8 for one big potato.

I just think if you charged a good price, alot more people would come and it could kick on.

Another One:

The local pub here is way cheap he has been trying to sell for 9 years. It a big two storey blue stone with deteriating room up stairs. It’s nothing new for any of the locals to say, “boy i wish nashy would sell the pub so someone could comein and fix it up again”. It would need to be picked up.

I would apply a manager to it, other wise it would be too time consuming for me. Fantastic great function room and dance area lounge-room going to waste.

How much? How many pokies?

Profile photo of wormitwormit
    @wormit

“BATHTIME BABES”
    Just imagine getting home from work after a gruelling day and having a BATHTIME BABE meet you at the door
    You show her in and while you are having a coldie she is running your bath.
    The rest is up to your own imagination.
    Could be a good money spinner.
    – That is why I make my husband the luckiest man in Oz!!

AJ Carter-O’Sullivan

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Um sorry no pokies here. I beleive last year people were saying $198,000 he still wants for it.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

do the ‘strata titling car parks’ thing in NZ. When i first heard about it in Aus (you could buy a single carpark as a mini-commerical property, leased back to the operator, for 7 percent return or whatever-) I thought how crazy, but I guess it’s the future. So AFAIK nobody’s done this in NZ, so the first person to do it in NZ I reckon would have a stampede. hmm? Maybe. then again i don’t know anything about car parks.

Or, do the Cathyjayne.com.au thing and buy blocks of flats, reno each, sell as separate title. to do that in NZ.

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Some great ideas and sories here, Lets keep them coming. Lets not worry about top secret stuff, keep that to yourself if u wish, as said previously lets just look at this as a brainstorming exercise.

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey Bear – you come up with good posts.

Investment Funds, Stocks, renting of Shares, Growth Funds (although hesitant), seminars, selling products, selling ideas, developing Business proposals…

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by geo:

Hey Bear – you come up with good posts.

Investment Funds, Stocks, renting of Shares, Growth Funds (although hesitant), seminars, selling products, selling ideas, developing Business proposals…

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Thanks Geo,

Would u like to build on your ideas? throw them around a bit, or u wana sit on them?

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.