All Topics / General Property / Perth Property

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of wormitwormit
    @wormit

Yesterday I read 0 to 130 in one sitting inbetween entertaining the kids and doing the housework. I have decided that +ve cash flow investing is the way for me. Whilst the book was riviting and hugely informing, I feel I lack information about the types of property to invest in over here in Perth. I scanned the West Australian This morning and found it impossible to find a property that came close to the 11 second solution return of 10.4%.[crying] Are there any investors from Perth out there who could give me a head start – Pleeease!
    Many thanks from a hopeful (and extremely knackered) Mum of two

AJ Carter-O’Sullivan

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp
    Originally posted by wormit:

I scanned the West Australian This morning and found it impossible to find a property that came close to the 11 second solution return of 10.4%.[crying]

To quote Steve on page 321, ‘keep looking’!

The main problem is not so much that 10% yields don’t exist in WA, but that there is a high likelihood that the properties concerned are in very small towns and/or are unattractive and need repair work.

Have a look at prices and rents in the major WA regional cities. Use the web for a rough guide – the West Australian has only a small minority of properties that are ever for sale (esp outside Perth).

I live in Vic and can say that you’re well placed to find something compared to us over here. My experience is that if you look in the right areas 9%+ from a tidy, well-located property is still quite possible.

Peter

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

You wont find much in Perth worth looking at.Go back and read 0-130 again only this time take a bit of time so that you can absorb a few of the things Steve says.The first of which I recall was that there were no houses in his area that would go anywhere near the 11 sec solution.Having said that he goes on to say that they drove an hour or so to a regional centre to look for +cf property..Try doing the same thing out of Perth and you may have some success.
    Russ.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Agree.. Your search for + Geared IP’s in Perth will be pretty fruitless, you have to go regional, cheapest i’ve come across in WA was $12k, however.. would you want to buy it [blink]
    Not me- very, very small town, very remote inland location ( *blink* and you’ve driven through the place ).

So researching the areas ( due dilligence ) is paramount, ‘guard’ your investment dollars and choose well..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.