All Topics / General Property / Fiji properties

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi to all,

does anyone know anything about Fiji properties or the way to invest there.

and if anyone has invested there already, I would love to hear your input or success. Thanks.

Kind Regards,
    George

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

Watch your step there my freind, most of my in-laws live around Fiji and if people really knew what was really going on there? You wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

But saying that, I have studied it exstensively and some places are good some bad. Just make sure its freehold and not on crown lease.

You can get some good gov finance deals to. Lots of American, Canadian, NZ and Oz investors. If you want the good deals then be prepared to do the back door backhanders, its just the way business is done over there.

I was there 4 weeks ago snooping around but its just too unstable for me at the moment.

My brother in-law was a senior detective there for 15 years and if you only knew the hidden agenda’s and corruption taking place at all levels you would run a mile. My advice would be to sit and wait until they sort out their economics.

If you have 300k in gettable cash, become a citizen of Canada and invest in Alberta Province, that’s where Im gunning for.

But that’s just me…….

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….”

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

thnaks mysta

just two notes:

what do you mean by ‘freehold and not on crown lease’ and ‘back door backhanders’

Thanks

Kind Regards,
    George

@salubrious

Its a bit like Canberra, when you sort of own the land but then you dont, 99 year lease.

Backhanders? Well mate if you dont know what that means then maybe you should study federal politics circa 1900-2004 pardon the pun

Heres a link that may help.

http://directory.google.com/Top/Regional/Oceania/Fiji/Business_and_Economy/Real_Estate/

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….”

@salubrious

my brother has a tri level in Lautoka, he rent 3 levels to three different tenants, land was 20k house was 65k fij $

Rent was 400 per month.

Profile photo of a_workaholica_workaholic
    Participant
    @a_workaholic

Why not try your luck in New Zealand it’s so much safer here’s a good site to visit http://www.bevstewart.co.nz

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

thanks for that – but I was planning atrip to Fiji either way for the end of May – so I thought id take a look down there – doesn’t seem too highly that I’ll go anymore – just found out its very expensive to get there and then theres all the expenses…

Profile photo of a_workaholica_workaholic
    Participant
    @a_workaholic

most investors buy here through photos via the net and email most of our overseas investors buy sight unseen…..returns are anywhere from 5.5% to 9.5% depending on the sort of property you want to invest in.

@salubrious

Just remember, when looking for property in Fiji you can tell if it is Indian owned or Fijian. The Indian properties are the ones behind 6 foot barbed wire cyclone fencing with jail bars on the doors and windows………….

Maybe that will give you an indication as to the 3rd world economics going on in so called paradise.[grrr]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.