All Topics / Opinionated! / ABC’s Media Watch gives Steve a serve.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Richmond,

Am I correct to assume that you believe ACA is not accurate journalism?

Not a personal attack mate just trying to get a clear perspective on what your thoughts are.

My thoughts are they it is not accurate journalism.

As far as new journo’s go, I was once near a serious road accident as it occurred and a few friends and myself attended to the injured. Once the news crews arrived one of them (Ch2 I think it was) asked us all for comments we all refused. They then said to one of my mates, you know if you wont talk to us we have to join the dots and make it up. How is this journalism?

When I was working on a local radio station I also noticed that the news varied every 30 minutes for the same incident.

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Bear

Read some of my earlier replies on debates about the media and you’ll have no doubts on my thoughts re: Today Tonight and ACA. I don’t cheerlead for ACA just because they’re part of the 9 stable.

re your comment: “When I was working on a local radio station I also noticed that the news varied every 30 minutes for the same incident.” That’s the way news works Bear, it evolves, and new information can constantly come out, which makes things change tack regularly. Look at the death toll in the 9/11 attacks… at first it was thought 30,000 might have been in the buildings when the planes hit… death toll was then put at around 10,000… finished up under 3000…

Also, I wouldn’t use one example of your being at a road accident to imply that journos make things up. The reporter asked you guys what happened didn’t he? Why didn’t you tell him? I know what he means by “join the dots” but I don’t believe a reporter would “make” something up in a regular day to day story like that.

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Pisces said:

“Bec, from my experience in the psychiatric field
    there has got to be a void, a problem, in your life.”

Pisces, what experience do you have in the psychiatric field? I thought you had been a property developer and now you tell us you were also a psychiatrist? Wow, you have some resume there, Pisces!

kay henry

Profile photo of Rebecca1Rebecca1
    @rebecca1

If Pisces was a psychiatrist, he’d be struck off for such comments.

As for self-appointed Saint Steve McWhiteKnight(“I just want to help people create wealth”), notice how he ducked all the main issues, including his choice of the word ‘millionaire’.

The symptoms being displayed here are the classic signs of the narcissistic personality – and, unlike the opinion of Pisces, that’s coming from a qualified person who viewed this thread.

Watch what happens now. The real issue at the heart of this debate – namely, misleading conduct designed to create wealth for the narcissist – will again be ignored, ridiculed or responded to with meaningless abuse. That’s if it doesn’t get censored by Mr It’s-My-Forum and you’ll play by my rules.

Anything to avoid facing up to the fact that what we have here is a clear case of misleading conduct designed purely to increase the wealth of the person guilty of deception.

It’s tragic that such conduct is only mildly punished in Australia. In the UK, I can tell you now that serious charges would result from this conduct.

As one observer said, “How does he get away with it in Australia? Don’t you have laws down there?”

Makes me feel ashamed. And thanks to those few of you who back me up on this.

Good night

Bec

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Aussierogue, people who continually have a bee in their bonnet, are basically obsessed by their particular outlook, and aren’t therefore capable let alone prepared to conduct a reasoned discussion aren’t properly balanced.

Someone actually emailed me quoting Robert Kioysaki who reputedly made a statement once that goes as follows : “If you argue with an idiot then you have two idiots.”

Whilst I am well aware that there isn’t any sense knocking one’s head against a wall if the other party has not just a closed ear but, worse, a closed mind, my empathy for Bec as a human being
    overcame my repugnance to her ravings to nevertheless make the suggestion to her that she really ought to urgently have a good check up just in case, for her sake if anything.

Virtually all her posts as far as I can remember have little or no value.

I hope you will display similar concern for your fellowman’s welfare, Aussierogue, whenever the occasion is warranted.

I dislike nothing more than armchair critics with little or nothing of value to contribute (other than criticism).

This is actually my last word about the Bec subject as I have decided to ignore any further posts from her.

Pisces

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

so pisces that is a wasp (because everyone else has a bee except you) in your bonnet then!!!

whats wrong with critisism – its a legitimate form of debate, discussion etc.

the worry is when it becomes personal.

and to be truthfull i think its getting all a little bit too personal and yes i dont reckon steve deserves becs last post.

when you jump on a treadmill its hard to get off….

we are getting to the point where we are writing things we dont really believe….

lock the topic – hurry

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by richmond:

Also, I wouldn’t use one example of your being at a road accident to imply that journos make things up. The reporter asked you guys what happened didn’t he? Why didn’t you tell him? I know what he means by “join the dots” but I don’t believe a reporter would “make” something up in a regular day to day story like that.

Cheers
    r

For several reasons I don’t wana go into on here, but to have 6 injured children and 3 adults to care for by 2 people, (others were there but couldn’t find it in themselves to help for what ever reason) after a serious road accident the last thing we wanted to do is have our faces on TV.

Unless you have been in this situation, holding an 11 yo girl in your arms trying to comfort her while her leg is nearly wrapped around her head and can see her internal organs than I guess it would be difficult to understand.

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

I might also add, im pretty lucky when it comes to being put into serious situations, as im able to think straight and go into auto pilot and do what needs to be done, however not long after once the adrenalin slows down it hits me pretty hard as it does for alot of people.

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

OK

This topic seems to have gone a little left of centre.

It’s time to move on.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.