All Topics / Help Needed! / Qld Stamp Duty query

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Shirley_2Shirley_2
    @shirley_2

I understand from 1st May, Qld will abolish stamp duty for first home buyers.

Question 1 – does this also apply for a first home buyer who intends to rent out the property?

and depending on answer to Q1….

Question 2 – when two people are building an investment property as tenants-in-common and one is a new investor, would the full stamp duty still be payable on settlement or would there would a concession as one of the parties is a first home buyer?

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Shirley,

Hmmmmmm – definiately one for the experts. My advice (for what it is worth) ask the Queensland Office of State Revenue as ther is nothing worse than a government that has been ripped off.

Check out http://www.osr.qld.gov.au/gas/fhog/
    and if that fails get on the phone and record the details, including the name of the person you spoke too.

derek
    [email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email me.

Profile photo of drinksbunnydrinksbunny
    @drinksbunny

Definately follow Derek’s advice, but also be aware that it is only for the first $250k, so if your property is worth more than that you will have to pay on anything over ie $350k property stamp duty will still be needed on $100k.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.