All Topics / General Property / What about the next boom & the road to it

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Kay,
    The fact you stated that you see property as a fun thing and something that you enjoy will ensure investors like yourself will be well armed for any future changes on the IP landscape because, as a generalisation, if a person enjoys what they do then they will generally do much better at it. This website and others has helped curb my lack of passion that I had for property, which is currently getting me to pull the finger out of my butt and do something. Just buying ‘Your Mortgage’ or the ‘API’ mag which I did felt like studying for an exam! In response to previous replies on this thread, I definetely agree that the Information Age of the past decade has sped up the whole process. Bill Gates’ book ‘Business at the Speed of Thought’ sums this up quite well. As an aside I work in disability and mental health and during the late 80’s – early 90’s support groups played a major role for people with a disability and somehow since then they have appeared to dry up. This change was dramatically due to the internet which gave people the anonanimity from stigma as well as the access to connect with others for support and gain resource referral. As we are now in the biotech Age, I wonder what influence this also may have?
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Gatsby, pleeze take a deep breath every now and then.

I get dizzy reading that long, one paragraph, post. [wink2]

Pisces

Profile photo of FernFern
    @fern

Hi I’m a newbie. Interesting thread &
    good post Superted. I’m an old timer in PI, and have never been to a property seminar or read a property magazine or book[biggrin].
    I’m quite in awe of the exuberance in PI over the last few years and that has caused me to rethink my long term strategies.

The next boom (this one is definitely over[baaa])
    could be a long time coming. The last cycle dragged on for years, and it will be a long haul for some who have only just got onto the bandwagon.

Inflation is low compared to the late 70’s/early 80’s, so I hope people are accounting for this in their sums. Not much chance of your repayments inflating away for awhile.

My aim for the moment is to eliminate debt, eg: sell off the stragglers and freehold the primos, and have cash ready for future opportunities a couple of years down the track, when the dust settles from those charging herds.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.