Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Yack the Topic was “Challenge” not for sale or would you like to buy something of me.Even thought i understand where your coming from.
    Dom[biggrin]

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Has anyone else have an opinion?

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

I’ll have a dozen thanks Russ!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian
    Originally posted by krazystyler:

Mezzanine investments
    Try Capitol Holdings Group
    20% returns

Kev
    [email protected]

Could you tell me more?

Thank you

Julian [worried][worried]
    [email protected]

THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian
    Originally posted by westan:

Hi all

Russ no doubt the return on a 24k property at 100pw is fantastic but the way your figures present it exagerates the profit a little.
    You still have rates 20pw, insurance 5pw, management 10pw so you are down to $65pw per property only. Then you need mainenance of say 10pw vacancy factor in 3 weeks vacancy thats 6pw so we are down to $49. That is $7,644 per annum or $637 per month well short of Dom’s $1200 per month.

But
    if you used that deposit to but 24k homes returning $100pw and got finannce at 80% then you will be laughing.
    you will put 4,800 as a deposit and another 1,800 as costs thats a total of $6,600 so you could buy 12 homes. You would have a loan of $19,200 on each property the interest would be $25pw @ 7% so the $49 pw profit will reduce to $24pw only
    BUT remember you have 12 of the $288pw or $14,976 per annum or $1,248 per week above Doms $1200m.

Therefore they need you to buy them 12 homes from Russ not 3. (all the better for you Russ)

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

You did a good analysis.
    thanks

Julian

THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi Dom

What about short term lending secured by caveats. rates are around 5 to 10% per month. I have done this, it is risky and scarey, but good money – $4000 to $8000 per month in your example of $80,000.

Also look at businesses. I have purchased a business returning 100% in year 1. (I’m not going to say what it is).

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

Terry- wouldnt be home loans would it?

Chan_ does that mean you buy and sell shares using other peoples money?- sitting in front of a computer all day buying and selling, shares/options

DO you mean cash? or are you saying over a period of time because:
    If you have a rental property and it gives you a positive return and you combine that with capital growth, this figure gross, or net can be achieved even with CGT.

If you want you can use international shares, warrants and options as a bit more of a hedge….but hey the higher the returns the higher the risk.

I know from shares invested and sold over a 12 month period with a margin loan facility (yep interest) using shares as equity to have a margin loan of 50k. I can say if you know what you are doing…it isnt hard to earn this kind of money.

Im just sorry I cant sit in front of a computer trading shares too Chan.

As for Mezzanie, not for me.

Mowing lawns, with equipment under 5k?

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of judijudi
    @judi

Hi Russ
    You said you can’t borrow from a bank because you are on a DSP. Does that mean a pension? If so, have you looked at other lending institutions? Surely someone would lend you the small amount needed to buy a house for 24k if it’s returning $100/week? Otherwise, borrow from Dom, he’s cashed up [wink2]

Dom, I can’t think of anything to add to what’s been said already. What are your thoughts?

Regards
    Judi

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Judi
    Yes I am on a pension.And this week I was able to secure a loan for a property.So things are looking up.
    I found another good one this weekend so will push my luck with the bank on Tuesday.
    Russ.[biggrin]

@salacious

Thanks Judi and Co,
    for your input i guess the question was predominitaly a brainstorming idea for me but it will also help the new investors that come along.It also opens up the investment opportunities and ideas for others, and gives them free advise.I will personally Invest in property myself but i will also look at the other creative ideas to diverse my portfolio.And I can find an opportunity in property which will give me those returns as others have.
    Thanks Dom[biggrin]

Profile photo of SamwiseSamwise
    @samwise

Terry W – What is short term money lending with caveats and how do I get into it?

Thanks,
    Samwise[buz2]

Yo Ho Samwise

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear
    Originally posted by krazystyler:

Mezzanine investments
    Try Capitol Holdings Group
    20% returns

Two words – Henry Kaye. Set up predominantly at his request. I paid CGH $5500 and they were to provide me with a minimum of 2 deals returning a minimum of 12% pa or I would get my money refunded. Must have minimum $5K in account, but cannot invest that – have to have more in there.

10 months – nothing! Then one deal returning about 12% – fully subscribed as so many people signed up waiting for deals – but counts towards my two deals though. One more deal at (I think) 15% – also fully subscribed. So no refund. I pulled my ‘invested’ money quick smart out of the fund though. Still on their mailing list (about 8 months later), and have been offered 1 or 2 more deals, highest being 18%. No 20%ers that I can see, and the firm/guy that originally was sourcing the deals (and presented at henry’s courses) has pulled out of anything to do with the fund. Of note, CHG share office space with another firm that Henry was affiliated with – mortgage brokers (who have since changed their names!), and also PCG who sourced the properties from Henry, which is pretty much what got him in the poo!

Kev, have you dealt with these guys happily?

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Sorry Dom, to answer your question:

Having been Peter Spann and Tony Robbins trained also (but not implementing too much *slap* yet), I would do as Chan$, and purchase shares to write covered calls against.

with $80K, you can buy quite a few shares to write the calls against, and to only get $1200, you could probably write them at such a point that there is not a huge risk of being exercises (having to sell the shares).

Other than that you could look at investing in a livestock breeding program (very loose terminology!) as I am. My ex building inspector told me of a similar scheme to what I’m looking at, but with cattle (I think) whereby you ‘own’ the cattle, and this farmer runs it for you for a year – I think you make easily 50% on your money – probably higher, but 50% is conservative.

Cheers
    Mel

@salacious

HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOO Terryw,

%100 in one year i think your ahead at the moment.LOL

Some great idea’s their and yes do have that cash so i have a lot to reasearh .
    Thanks everyone.
    Dom

Hi Dom

What about short term lending secured by caveats. rates are around 5 to 10% per month. I have done this, it is risky and scarey, but good money – $4000 to $8000 per month in your example of $80,000.

Also look at businesses. I have purchased a business returning 100% in year 1. (I’m not going to say what it is).

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.