All Topics / Opinionated! / I am NOT impressed !!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I am NOT impressed !!

Why should the NSW government be biased against property investors ?

Who don’t they also also apply the same tax to share investors ?

And what about burying the people who have a few dollars saved in their bank acount ? I am sure they too don’t want to be left out of contributing to the Labor government coffers.

Why is Mr Carr discriminating against property investors ?

Keep the rage alive (to use Mr Whitlam’s words).

Pisces

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Neither am I, Pisces!
    I don’t understand it either. I hope some one can explain.
    May be we should invite Carr to join the forum hehe.[disguise]

I also wonder what effect all this will have on future renters.
    WOulnd’t there be less property investors in the future, and wouldn’t the rents go up then?
    I don’t see the logic.[blush2]

Profile photo of jparriejparrie
    @jparrie

In tune with all Reds around the world, their politics is based on high taxes.

As usual, politicians act after the event. Property prices have already started to slow so what do they do? Increase the gradient a little just to get them sliding a bit faster. Policies of the blind and/or stupid.

God help us if Latham gets in.

JP

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

If the government change the system so can you. If the system tax you on the way in, tax while you are in it and tax on the way out for IPs then think creatively.

There is no point of complaining and I am pretty sure it won’t change a thing.

Pisces,
    I support you and your opinions, but I don’t think I will wasting my time trying to stop the system from going ahead.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel
    Originally posted by Pisces:

d
    Who don’t they also also apply the same tax to share investors ?

JEEZUZ! Don’t even say that in jest! They might hear you!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tradingforaliving.info

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

Gough Whiltlam actually said “maintain the rage and enthusiasm”, but the people did neither, as will happen with this issue.

I understand people taking change to the tax rules badly. I wonder ,though, why so much energy is placed into railing against what is (to be) a fact. I have found that if I am saying things like “Should be’s” and “it’s not fair” then I am not dealing with the reality of the situation, I am just back in that fairy tale world where I am the princess and everyone is supposed to worship me.

OK so it’s a bit of a poo that the rules have changed. But it will settle down and people will work with it. Why do people specifically want to invest in NSW? Why wouldn’t the government see that as an opportunity to make more revenue? After all they have to pay out more in NSW for the population levels than other states anyway.

Looking at the advice I have learned here, portfolios should be diverse. Maybe for those people that buy strictly in NSW it’s time to diversify a little more.

Participant
    @jetdollars

If there is a new system (ie. stam duty, land tax) there will be a loop hole. So let get to it and dig it out.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Look for the opportunities & you’ll find them.

Look for the problems & you’ll find them too!

Personally I prefer to look for the opportunities :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of aluminatialuminati
    Participant
    @aluminati

jparrie,

I understand your frustration at the new Duty (not tax).
    Part of being a clever and successful investor is to find the good in all situations. Its no good complaining.
    Yes I am a red.
    The rise in property investing over the last couple of years no doubt had a positive effect on the housing prices. So has a lot of other issues. The fact of the matter is it is nearly impossible to start out if you are young or looking for your first home at the moment. To save for a deposit and legals for the average price home on the average wage is to be quite blunt now impossible.
    So take from a sector that is doing well, and remove stamp duties for first HB. i dont see the problem.
    I dont think it will have any effect on the market whatsoever, its just being moved from one segment of the market to another. The demand to buy and sell will be the same.
    As far as latham goes. I really dont care because the real people who run things in this world are not our politians. So learn the system so you can defeat it.
    aluminati

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

neither am I…impressed that is…[baaa]

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

Aceyducey,
    Nice post. Very nice, indeed.

Regards,
    Si

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey Aceyducey,

can you handball me the opportunities when you get the…or even better, just hand them to me personally as I can’t catch if you handball them to me. Thanks[biggrin]

@jparrie
    Originally posted by Chan$:

There is no point of complaining and I am pretty sure it won’t change a thing.

Chan Dollars

Ahh, So this is why Australians have to put up with such a taxation hell hole.
    JP

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by jparrie:

[strum]
    Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Chan – can I have your force please…[baaa]

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

The force is strong in you young Chanwalker………………

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….” “Even though you may be on the right track, you can still get run over if you sit there long enough”

@jparrie
    Originally posted by Chan$:

That’s right you have to put up with it and look for opportunity else where. Even when you complaint, does it change a things?
    Chan Dollars

Perhaps “complain” isn’t the right word. We all need to get more involved with our own future. Campaigning for a fairer tax system is something that we should all be doing. To not do so is to invite the unjust tax system that currently exists here. If you accept things as they are they will never change, that is apathy.

JP

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

I agree JP but I think Chan also has a point is that we shouldn’t concentrate on our obstacles but rather on a way around them.

Regards,
    Si

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.