All Topics / General Property / Saving Deposit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Dale MissenDale Missen
    @dale-missen

Well I have finally got my expenses under control and will be saving a deposit with my g/fried to hopefully get my first house in around 3 months. I am pretty excited, but have been copping a fair bit off sceptics. Negative gearing seems to be the only thing they are interested in and have a very unimaginative perception of wealth creation.

One person in particular seems to think that Steve going to court for misleading the public or something? I doubt its true, but what is all the sceptisism for? people don’t like things they don’t know i guess.[blink]

Profile photo of Dani67Dani67
    @dani67

Negative gearing is,perhaps, all they know! I was the same until I read Steve’s book and found a better way of doing things. Many seminars tout the negative gearing line…so that is all people come away with!
    Dani

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Dale,

You’re a “real estate officer”. Wouldn’t the people who work in your field have many and varied ideas about real estate? Neg gearing as a monopoly idea of RE is about ten years old now. Most real estate people I know are pretty up with all kinds of strategies these days.

kay henry

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Kay,

“You’re a “real estate officer”. Wouldn’t the people who work in your field have many and varied ideas about real estate? Neg gearing as a monopoly idea of RE is about ten years old now. Most real estate people I know are pretty up with all kinds of strategies these days.”

As recently as three years ago the Vice President of the Victorian Real Estate Institute (or similar) highlighted the fact that, at the time anyway, only 20% or REA in Vic owned an IP.

Derek
    [email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email me.

Profile photo of Dale MissenDale Missen
    @dale-missen

Well actuall this Real Estate Salesperson is only new (as am i) and been in the industry only 6 months and is very mucha pressure salesperson (woman) and is very stubborn in her ways. shes 40 and because thats the only thing she knows she laughs at my ideas.

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by Dale Missen:

Well actuall this Real Estate Salesperson is only new (as am i) and been in the industry only 6 months and is very mucha pressure salesperson (woman) and is very stubborn in her ways. shes 40 and because thats the only thing she knows she laughs at my ideas.

Don’t worry she won’t last long :)

It’s a little known fact that the most successful real estate agents are those that leave the buyer & the seller happy in the majority of cases…Because they get referrals & repeat business.

Service is the key, not pressure.

Time will tell.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.