All Topics / General Property / Capital growth estimates

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of zj351zj351
    Participant
    @zj351

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about finding predicted growth values for Horsham, or has anything to say about the town in general.

Thanks[cap]

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Sorry.Cant help dont know where it is.
    You could try doing a search or ring the shire and get some figures.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of zj351zj351
    Participant
    @zj351

I’ve tried searching on google, without much luck. If I ring the shire, what kind of questions should I ask that would lead me to my asswer ie stats on the last few years of population growth/decline, number of houses sold etc.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi zj351

i own some in horsham. actually sold a flat there for double the price (at 8 high st) after owning it for 12 months. I still own 2 houses in the ex housing commission area. I expect prices will plataeu out after a few years of excellent capital appreciation. The homes that are slow to rent are the ones over 200pw. For around 90k you can buy an ex commission property renting for 150pw (not good enough for me).
    I like Horsham it is a rich area and will grow in population, so long term it is probably a good buy but don’t anticipate a quick profit. Horsham is the biggest city from Ballarat to Murray Bridge in SA and from Warrnambool to Mildura.

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of ipjourneyipjourney
    @ipjourney

Hi Westan,

Thank you for the tip about Horsham. I am new to this forum. I have not got any +ve gear IP as they all are Melbourne inner suburbs. I have just started to look for +ve IP since joining this forum. I searched on the net and found some in Horsham as well. We are planning to go up there this Thursday. Is there any particular street or site that we should be more focus on.

Participant
    @zj351

Hi Westan,

Thanks for the reply. I went there on the weekend and thought it looks like a pretty nice town. Went looking around the sunny side area and around south west of the town. As I am a new investor, the 7-8% yeilds look good to me.
    I will try and use Horsham as an area to gain experience.

ipjourney. Maybe I could get your contact and we could exchange ideas and findings about the area. I will be hopefully making another trip up there this weekend from Geelong.

Thanks

Steve

@ipjourney

Hi Steve,

The official site of Horsham is http://www.hrcc.vic.gov.au/. Personally have not been there just looking at the above site after found some +ve IPs but really keen to find out more about it. You are welcome to contact/PM me.

Cheers,
    IP Journey

@westan

Hi guys

the north side of the city is the lesser area in town. But this means it is the better for returns. it is largely an ex housing area but the area is pretty good really. In my experience Horsham Real Estate are the best property managers there. i’ve helped friends and my brother buy there and they are also happy with them as property managers.

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Participant
    @zj351

Hi Westan,

Thanks for the info. Just one more question. Through your experiences there, did you find any real estate agents that were on the same wave-length as us ie positive cashflow properties, and did you deal with any buyers agents there??

Thanks

Steve

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi there, we live in a remote town (mining town) and we are able to get the growth rates from our real estate agents. They have access to the local and national Rei sites that give them all that info. Try it, you might just get the info you need.
    Cheers

@westan

Hi Steve

Yes one guy John Hadley from Gerry Smith First National was very good 03 53826655, quite used to investors he had one guy buy about 30 throughout the district there. I was talking to Gerry Smith last year and he commented on the incredible number of emails there office recieves and how it was impossible to answer them, so make a phone call. But all of them are great also Chantelle from Horsham real estate was good as was Joe from Wes Davidson. So i think find out who has the deals and work with one agent from each company. Be clear what you are after and say hello to them from me in New Zealand.

regards westan

Participant
    @zj351

Thanks Westan, ipjourney and Calvin@thirty.

This information certaintly is much appreciated. I hope I can help you guys along the way sometime. It certainly is hard starting off, and these forums give me the push I need to continue on.

Thanks again

Steve

@ipjourney

Westan, Steve and Calvin,

Thank you all. We will drive up there tomorrow will send updates over the weekend. We will definitely try to talk to Agents you suggested Westan, Thanks heaps.

Steve, Thank you for starting off the topic

Have fun investing.
    IP Journey

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.