All Topics / General Property / Tonight 8pm on ABC: Rick Otton

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

A reminder that “Reality Bites- Selling Success” is on tonight. Here’s the link:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200404/highlights/226736.htm

Should be a hoot! [biggrin][thumbsupanim][hmm]

kay henry

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Thanks, Kay

Pisces

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Just saw it. So style gurus, public relations people, diets, tailor suits etc.

Obviously more money in seminars than buying/selling properties.

Of the two examples shown (people who attended course) one has done one wrap and the other has not and is still considering there options.

There is a market out there for wrappinng seminars, but not for me. I’ll do property investing the traditional way.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

good reply yack – anyone else seen it, please provide your valuabe feedback on what you though as I unfortunately missed it. Thanks.

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Very little on the investing side (except get your houses on TodayTonight!!!), but good to see what are market expectations for presenting.

As I said before, a tad disappointing for the investor (it was 100% on the seminar sie of his business).

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

I don’t know. There is enough working class upbringing in me to distrust the glitz and glamour of someone selling something. He (Rick Otton) seemed uncomfortable about adopting the trappings of wealth at the beginning, and fed up with the seminar scene at the end. But isn’t a “lucrative hobby” (as he described his wrapping business) still preferable to a stressful cash-cow that the seminar business was portrayed ?….each to their own I guess.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi again,

I just read that he has produced would you belive a manual called the ‘WRAP PACK’ – How is this different from the ‘WRAP KIT’ that Steve has produced. Ha anyone got his kit or the pack. Who is copying who. I’d like to get the original – any thoughts. He does seem successful though – buying and selling over 300 properties but then agin he’s alot older than Steve.

Any thoughts…

Kind Regards,
    George.

@yack

I have no idea who has been around longer. But I assume they are both peddling similar wares.

I recall back in 1998 on night time Infomercials, while in the US, there was a guy called Carlton Sheets who was peddling wraps as well.

So they both probably borrowed the concept from the US.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

There’s a lovely quote on rick otton’s weblog:

“last thursday a lady drops 65k of the house price just so I can give her 19k deposit today to pay an unpaid bill”

http://rickotton.blogspot.com/

Love the way these guys “help” people! [cigar]

kay henry

@yack

It almost makes you sick – the way he brags about it. As if he is everyones hero.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Would there be something wrong with a guy who wants to be associated with a toilet plunger?[dunny]

Did you hear him say: When they (meaning the hopeful people coming to his seminar) come to my seminar I’ll give him as little information as possible. THat way I can sell more materials (meaning crappack uuuhhm I mean wrappack)?[baaa]

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Hi All,

Let assume you can’t borrow money from anywhere, but you want to own your own home. What will you do?

Will you take the opportunity that Rick Otton given? or you just walk away from the opportunity?

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

@yack

Chan

I would do whatever the bank requires me to do. I would not get emotional about market movements esp in rural areas where the market does not move too often.

Profile photo of fjficmfjficm
    @fjficm

i dont think i can sleep at night doing what these people do
    no matter how you sugar wrap it; Steve or anyone out there, the wrap technique is never helpful
    higher interest rates, wrappee is like a modern day slave with an invisible collar around their necks, no potential insurance to cover their potential mishaps to keep up payments thus potentially losing all they earn forif the law is for the people it should ban wrapping
    im just very angry to see these bastards drive mercedes, get plastic surgery, Armani etc – non-essential things in life, prosper out of everyday honest individuals who wants their own home AND to earn it (unlike the Scotts in TDT who trashes props)
    even if one is an Atheist you would get the feeling these people will have to pay for it one way or another
    Do it the traditional way, provide reasonable rent, be a good landlord and just be kind to one another
    Easier said than done. Im no angel but all should strife to sustain a level of integrity that we can say “I am a human being”

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

from what I understand – he didn’t provide any opportunities except to sell his seminar to ppl.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by yack:

Chan

I would do whatever the bank requires me to do. I would not get emotional about market movements esp in rural areas where the market does not move too often.

But the bank won’t lend you the money. The bank just ask you to go away, what will you do?

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

@yack

I would expect the bank to give me reasons and advice on what is required. Do I need more income, do I need a good credit reference, do I need a deposit. Do I need to get off social security.

I would not pay a higher interest rate and more for the property. I would fix my issues with the Bank.

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

what is being alluded to is the fact that there are so many people that can’t even get a lo doc homeloan, and the only people they can turn to despite the huge cost, the interest rate charged, are people like Rick.

I know my brother would have given anything a couple of years ago to get a home, but they had defaults liek you wouldnt believe, not bad peopel, not bad payers, but problems with certain phone companies..and not being as festidious as some….

So those people go to the ‘loan sharks’
    The way I see it, it isnt a bad thing, it is an option for them, take it or leave it.
    It is also a foot in the door.
    You dont like the interest, keep up payments get yourself a rating of some kind or history is really the term and make changes, I guess you make sure you know the fine print, but higher rates for higher risk people is not objectionable.

And just maybe, it gets them on track, it might actually be quite positive.

Elves

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

I watched it, but do clothes really maketh the man?

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of CarLoverCarLover
    Participant
    @carlover

I’ve just watched the show that I taped earlier. I agree with others have said. There wasn’t much for the investor in there.

What I found interesting though is how Rick Otton explained that the most “successful” seminar presenters were the ones who entertained the most and taught the least.

CarLover.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.