All Topics / General Property / Things your Mentor never told you…

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of Dani67Dani67
    @dani67

Somebody on this discussion board once suggested to change the tap washers before new tennants moved in to save plumbers’ fees early on…which made me think, WHY REINVENT THE WHEEL? Why not learn from eachother’s ideas/mistakes.Have you anything to share – those small seemingly insignificant things that would be of benefit to others, things that aren’t covered in the books we all read?

Dani

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Hey its nice to know somebody reads my posts lol Russ.[biggrin]

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of Dani67Dani67
    @dani67

Absolutely! i’m hanging for more words of wisdom…pressure is on!
    Dani

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Well I don’t know if I would implement this rule myself, but a professional painter once told me that rented properties should never allow smoking inside. Reason being it stains the ceiling, and if smoking on a heavy basis the old paint has to be taken off and ceiling resealed which is a very costly exercise. That way if there is any smoke damage it’s their responsibility to have it corrected.

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

how about – ensure all your retic has timers to stop the tenants killing your plants. when installing air con, dont put in units that only just cope, over power if anything…. less strain on your motors and you arent paying the electricity!

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Gee thats a bit rich stripping the paint.I wonder how many people would actually witness this event.Good way to add a few more bucks to the bill .
    Personally I find it better to give the wife a bucket and some sugar soap.
    She used that much elbow grease that I didnt even have to repaint.I had to give up smoking though cause she said she wouldnt do it again LOL.
    Russ.[biggrin]

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

yes mine is only buy cash positive and only buy in areas you feel will deliver capital growth. also change the battery in the smoke detector, other wise the little old lady tenant will ring you at change battery in the beeping detector

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by RussH:

Gee thats a bit rich stripping the paint.I wonder how many people would actually witness this event.Good way to add a few more bucks to the bill .
    Personally I find it better to give the wife a bucket and some sugar soap.
    She used that much elbow grease that I didnt even have to repaint.I had to give up smoking though cause she said she wouldnt do it again LOL.
    Russ.[biggrin]

Hi Russ, I guess the next question is how many in your house were smoking? What if u had 2 or 3 heavy smokers living in the house and then they would invite all their freinds around on a reg basis for card games etc? This painter has showed me an example and its not a pretty site.

Sugar soap is great but has it limits ………LOL

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by westan:

yes mine is only buy cash positive and only buy in areas you feel will deliver capital growth. also change the battery in the smoke detector, other wise the little old lady tenant will ring you at change battery in the beeping detector

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Im not sure about other states but in SA the smoke detectors must be hard wired, or a lithium 10year battery.

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of hodgsonhodgson
    @hodgson

What are the problems/benefits in buying in New Zealand if living in Australia. eg what are the guidelines etc.

greenhouse

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Greenhouse

do a search for that question on the forum, any answer will look like self promotion, there is too much of that on the forum already.

regards westan

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Russ said : ‘Well I don’t know if I would implement this rule myself, but a professional painter once told me that rented properties should never allow smoking inside.’

I wonder whether it is legal to refuse a tenancy based on whether or not the tenant has a smoker in the family.

Does anyone have any idea about that ?

Pisces

Profile photo of Dani67Dani67
    @dani67

We have it written in our contracts that smoking is to be done outside.
    Dani

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi all,

A little longer term but we are moving to a single colour throughout our properties so that there is reduced wastage and no drama with colour matching. We have also taken down the details for mixing the colour in case it no longer appears on future charts.

Gloss white on all doors and skirting etc too.

Will do the same with carpets, tiles etc as the time comes around. PLus we keep samples of tiles etc so that patches can be done as new.

We also request the REA do not send us an annual rental statement at ~$20 a pop – there goes some money out the door.

Derek
    [email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.