All Topics / General Property / Seaford, VIC

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of ayounG29945ayounG29945
    Participant
    @ayoung29945

Have been educating myself about property investing on this forum and now ready to take a plunge.

Does anybody have any views about Seaford in victoria. Since this will be an investment property, I think anything close to water would be a good start.

ayounG29945

Profile photo of HousesOnlyHousesOnly
    Participant
    @housesonly

I used to live in Melb. (now in Bris), and remember travelling from Brighton to the Richmond to work by car. It was time consuming! Seaford is a great deal further from the city than Brigton but has a train line. You are right that it is fairly close to the sea. Seaford however doesn’t really have absolute beach frontage like other areas along the esplanade because of the big strip of bush between the road and the water, so this would impact slightly on the desirability. Other than these issues I think as long as you paid the right price you should be right in the long term as far as CG is concerned. Factor in a market correction of say 10% when doing your sums and decide if you can still afford to subsidise the place. Saw some places in API mag for about $415K if I remember correctly. Am fairly sure these would be very CF -ve.

Profile photo of YoungInvestorYoungInvestor
    Participant
    @younginvestor

Also, many of the 1 and 2 bedroom units there are rented out to people who work in nearby factories and industrial complexes if that helps you at all.

I know a few agents with Mornington Peninsula Real Estate (MPRE) who are fairly reliable if you decide to go with Seaford.

Good luck,
    Steve.

“Knowledge is Power”

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I invest in the area but have not in Seaford. If your prepared to buy a house on a large block in the Fortesue St area, you will do very well in my opinion in the future.

Beachside properties are going ballistic. The caravan parks are now being sold and subdivided.

The reason I have not are as follows;
    1. I prefer Sth Frankston
    2. Seaford is very close to Nth Frankston and the Pines
    3. Its the worst area between Aspwendale and Frankston.
    4. Got a few mozzie problems with Kananook Creek.

But as its on beach, one day more yuppies will move in and those on lower incomes will be forced out. But I’m talking 10-15 yrs. So its got good potential.

Profile photo of ayounG29945ayounG29945
    Participant
    @ayoung29945

I’m taking a long term view as one should with property investments.

Spoken to a few agents in the area & also have driven around to scope the area out. First glance is that there is lots of development around the area, so money is been moving in. I guess this is a good sign.

Franston Sth is nice but at the moment most property I liked here are out of my budget. Probably further down the track.

Profile photo of aluminatialuminati
    Participant
    @aluminati

ayoung
    lived in skye for 5 years, also have a property in skye(inland form seaford about 4km) spend a lot of time at seaford beach with the kids.
    Like all areas you can basically break seaford up into a number of areas.
    I don’t know what yacks problem with the pines is have a property there for years, best tennants ever.Yes it is a low socio econ area. But i have seen the prices in FN,pines go from 60k – 160k in 4 years.
    Back to seaford.
    anything along nepean hwy is blue chip as it is the only rd apart from a few culdersacs on the beach side of the railway. next best area then is the area between the railway line and the wetlands between armstrongs rd and austin street. This is a much sought after area and a lot of work is going into renovations. then try between austin st and seaford rd going as far east as the freeway.
    going east over the freeway you have two areas split by seaford rd, south is semi industrial and values are bit over the place. north of seaford rd you have brunel st near st annes church and primary school, anything there would be a good buy. the further east you tavel along seaford rd the closer you get to the seaford hotel and the belvidere shops, yes there is a cross section of charachters in this area, careful here. Basically stay away from the hotel and the shops. i wouldnt buy to close to them.
    You will find all along seaford rd the prices are below average this is because for a small rd it is very busy. but a little advice, there is plans to open up the rutherford rd on ramp to the freeway which should divert a lot of freeway traffic from seaford rd, as rutherford rd leads to the heavily poulated and growing areas of skye and carrum downs.
    Hope this helps, This is all reasearch that i do when i get bored if I can help you with any other area i will try my best.
    ( MPRE not for me very hard to negotiate with some liitle snots from there)
    aluminati

Profile photo of fjficmfjficm
    @fjficm

lol aluminati are you doing night duty as well or are you a vampire

Participant
    @aluminati

fjficm, see private post. aluminati

Profile photo of VICMORTGAGEVICMORTGAGE
    @vicmortgage

Hey guys, I’m new to this site and was wondering if anyone knew where to find forums discussing hot Cashflow Positive locations? Thanks.

Participant
    @aluminati

vic im new to this site too so id say there probably would be. you can look thru the past pst topics or you can just start a new thread and someone will point the way.
    aluminati

Profile photo of VICMORTGAGEVICMORTGAGE
    @vicmortgage

Thanks Aluminati, I’ll keep searching.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.