All Topics / General Property / MediaWatch report on Today Tonight and the MAP

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Profile photo of Hux001Hux001
    @hux001

Well said CastleDreamer.

Like Steve said, let’s wait til September and see how those staying in the MAP went.

Any other discussion on the topic at this point in time is fruitless.

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted
    Profile photo of Property101Property101
    @property101

To be blunt, I’m not particuarly impressed with the claim to make someone control $1M of property in one year. In fact, I think that under certain conditions, it’d downright easy.

Take anyone who’s owned their own home for at least 5 years in a capital city, with a decent income. This will given them enough equity and servicablity to go buy $1M of property RIGHT NOW.

Hell, by this definition, I’m a property millionare.

I admit that it would be harder to acheive this with a drug adict on the dole, but in the right market, I recon I could still do it, despite having only about 1% of Steves experience.

What I’d like to see, is a month by month analysis of what these people have been doing. I’d also like to know a lot more about them. Without this, I’d suggest that this is mostly an exersise to sell books.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

A lot of the arguments on here seem to be about Today Tonight ‘misquoting’ Steve, and calling the ‘target’ creating ‘property millionaires’ when in fact the target is to enable people to control $1Mil of property.

Steve’s definition of propery millionaire

Well, with the exception of the ‘in any circumstances of life’, and on the basis that ‘property millionaire’ means someone who controls $1m in property, I don’t think that this is beyond the realms of possibility.

Kay Henry’s definition

We have also had discussions on here about what that means- it means “net 1 million of property”, NOT controlling one million.

For what it’s worth, I believe that a ‘millionaire’ or ‘billionaire’ have that much NET worth, and therefor agree with Kay, and disagree with Steve. And yes, there are a lot of ‘property millionaires’ (my definition) in Sydney because of high property prices. So saying millionaire really doesn’t mean much.

However, what Steve’s program is doing is educating people to make their property work for them. They probably won’t have a Net worth in excess of $1 Mil, but if they keep going there is nothing that will stop them – plus they will have a constant cashflow that they can do what they like with.

More power to Steve and the MAPpers for achieving the ‘portfolio’ in my opinion.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

I’ve read through some of the postings here (not all) but would like to add my half a cent……

The issue here is :

1) perception – and how the media changes it to gain ratings….

2) for people watching – maybe the message should not be $1 Million… It should be about getting on the path to freedom…..

Pelican controls over $2mill of property at this time, but I never consider myself a millionaire…..

People will make up their own definition, but folks, in the words of one of my many Mentors, ALI G…. .KEEP IT REAL !!!!!

Kay, I see that people are taking shots at you, and it’s definitely uncalled for, but at the same time, everyone here needs to take a chill pill……… I found some of your comments as well to be a bit harsh……

We need to keep this place ( all forums ) supportive…. keep the negativity reduced, and try to be more constructive…… People should not be blamed for failures, or told to piss off when asking for help… This is not right…..

Peace everyone… Chill Out.. Calm Down……

Scott

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Pelican,

Thanks for your post :) Ya know, I can really handle people taking shots at me. I think it’s really important to ask questions and stuff. I didn’t particularly take anything personally. I do like to focus on the issues though, and not just tell people to be quiet when they disagree.

Pelican, many times I might say things that others agree with. And I am really ok with people disagreeing- absolutely ok- I think it’s a good thing! If I said harsh things, it was intended to be in the context of the discussion. I hope everyone took it that way :o)

kay henry

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Kay,

No probs !! Just trying to put things into perspective for folks here…. [cap]

It would be a pretty boring world if we all agreed on everything, so it’s good we have debates. Just as you and I no doubt will disagree on certain issues !!!

BUT, the thing I’m really dissapointed to see many times on PI, are the people who :

1) Want to cut people down to size out of jealousy
    2) Are so set in their ways they refuse to accept other opinions.
    3) Tar people in one industry as all the same….[jealous]
    4) Get personal, making uncalled for jibes, or questioning someones character.

CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, I’m ALL FOR…. it’s the destructive people here that Pizz me off……

I know the moderators here have a tough life of it, but they really have to start looking at some people, and their posts here…. If not, people will go elsewhere… simple as that….

Enuff ranting from me….

Again – EVERYONE – Chill out…. get a grip…

BE CONSTRUCTIVE

Scott

Pelican Investments
    http://www.pelican-invest.com

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I have only just ‘discovered’ this thread and I think it has all been said by now.

Minnie, I think your posts in this thread are very outstanding, very well put.

Pisces

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Not till the Fat lady sings.

If anybody is reading this then Steve McKnight has acheived something special he has brought us (Property Investors) all together.

And i have learnt so much.

Thankyou Steve & Co.
    Dom[thumbsup2]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>Not till the Fat Lady sings<<

Daaj, who are you alleging is the ‘fat’ lady ? [wink]

Minnie, Kay, … ?

Daaj ?

Pisces

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.