All Topics / Heads Up! / Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s1081543.htm

Guess this clears up who Spruiker No. 5 is.

Perhaps now we can all chill out about saying everyone can be a property millionaire in a year. If Steve McKnight is apologising and taking it back, it’s probably important if people know. What better place to read about it than on Steve’s website.

kay henry

Profile photo of JayJay
    @jay

Hi Kay,

I guess Im reading it a different way…

IMHO, Steve doesnt apologise for making a misleading comment – rather he apologises if people perceive what he said to mean something different from what he intended.

Im of the opinion that Steve knew full well that calling people “Property Millionaires” would imply that they were in fact millionaires from property.. when in fact he “intended” it to mean that, under whatever shared purchase structure, they could “control” one million dollars in property with basically no money of their own…

How is this any different from Henry Kaye’s claim to do the same?

Why is HK universally derided while Steve’s error was an honest mistake?

Will Steve give backs profits from book sales when people purchased his book in good faith, believing his claim that he can turn people into “property millionaires”?

I write this post in the best possible tone, and my apologies if that doesnt translate in the reading.. but why are we united in our stand against some “spruikers” and apologists for others?

Jay.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Dear Jay,

I have no issue with your tone, nor your words. I don’t see any spruiker making a promise that is not possible, as one better than the other. I have certainly not been an apologist for any guru. I love property, but not sycophancy. And I respect your sentiments, Jay.

kay henry

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

[quoteI write this post in the best possible tone, and my apologies if that doesnt translate in the reading.. but why are we united in our stand against some “spruikers” and apologists for others?

Jay.
    [/quote]

Good comments Jay but who’s united in standing against or for these ‘spruikers’.

I for one form my own opinions on property guru’s and to be quite honest don’t conform with anyone in particular.

I have not attended any seminars (and may never do so) and have no reason to be led [baaa] by anyone.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

This is a tough discussion to have on a forum controlled by the individual at the centre of the discussion.

Just as I wouldn’t consider it appropriate to hold a discussion about the Somers at the Somersoft forum.

IMHO, it should be investigated by ASIC. Only by holding such an investigation can the matter be cleared up.

Sometimes courts are just as useful for validating the innocent as prosecuting the guilty :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian

Im of the opinion that Steve knew full well that calling people “Property Millionaires” would imply that they were in fact millionaires from property.. when in fact he “intended” it to mean that, under whatever shared purchase structure, they could “control” one million dollars in property with basically no money of their own…

It’s quite “easy” to be a Property Millionair, It make every one happy.

Julian [worried]

THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.