All Topics / General Property / IP + Holiday

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Does anyone have an IP doubling up as holiday place? Does it work?
    I am considering purchasing an acreage close to town, that has some units I would rent out as permanent dwelling, and could build a separate shed for occasional holiday accomodation, parking motorhome, etc.

Anyone thinks there are pitfalls in this concept?

May God bless you
    and prosper you.
    Marc

Profile photo of ProjectProject
    @project

Hi there,
    I have a property in Loch Sport which I positive gear, however the returns are seasonal. I have been running this holiday house for 2 years, and yet still to make a loss.

Regards,
    Steve.

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Personally I see nothing wrong with the idea Its quite sound actually but it will depend on a few things.Your tenants would need to know that you will be staying from time to time and you will need your own facilities i.e toilets and seperate power meter .And council approval.
    Russ.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

watch the tax man – the rules are strict. Just make sure that what you want to do will leave you abiding by their rules before you leap into this. Check their website but there is something about you can’t use the property in the 13 peak weeks of the year or something?? personally i could work around it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.