Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi to all,

just a quick note to let you know I jusy got back from an extensive trip to NZ. Very Very interesting and by far one of the nicest places in the world (at least I think so anyway). Just also want to say that Westan and his brother are of tremendous help. I highly recommend them.

Anyway, thats all for now.

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Hi George, how did you go? The grapevine speaks, and you maybe bought some stuff? Well done!!
    South Island is lovely, and yes, Westan and Alvin and the ten other Johnsons are a lovely family!!!

Cheers
    CD

CastleDreamer

Profile photo of Matt BMatt B
    @matt-b

You’re making me jealous[jealous] I’m looking forward to getting over there myself sooner or later. Of course, apart from visiting my properties, catching up with Westan and his crew will be top of the list.[jerry] Would you like to expand on the details of your trip George? Perhaps share the gist of any deals you made?
    Matt

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

George,

It would be nice if you caould share with us some of your story in NZL. The goods and bads.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi all,

hehehe…glad to see you’ve met the family…a note to those who haven’t met Westan and Alvin yet…if you think there nice people from speaking to them on the net or on the phone…mate, you aint seen anything yet – there extroadinary people and they go out of their way to help you. Westan might hate me for this – he’ll probably get a thousand phone calls tomorrow – he’s already time-packed as it is…so much for early retirement.

Ok, here are the jitters of it all. Both Alvin and Westan were very close to believing that there were not many good deals around returning above the 11%…well did that prove wrong…we did a bit of touring around and found some good deals…but personally what I think is better than all these great deals is the scenery….Highly recommend NZ – South Island for a holiday – the mountains and rivers and waterfalls…WOW – spectacular…and the people – everyone knows everyone…in fact, on my second day, I saw the Customs officer who inspected my bag…boy, did I want to have a word with him…just kept silent though. They have free university and a free shuttle bus/Taxi ride home for students who were shopping at the supermarket(New World). It’s so peaceful and no violence and the beaches…WOW…that’s another avenue all-together. So I have almost decided to live there, especcially after the bus driver told me you don’t even need to apply for residency. You can just live there – its allowed for Aussie citizens.

…ok back to where we were, for now its a great place to invest, but the way I see it is that property prices will increase over there quickly for a short time and then stop. I’ve put a few offers down but there system of investing in property is a little different to down under OZ land. You have to be serious and put things in writing – and you have to find the right lender to give you finance – especcially if you’re a non-resident…I will endeavour to keep you posted on the way things turn out – and if it all turns positive for me in the next few days, I can recommend the lender I found over there for the finance.

I don’t think I have ever written so much in my life…

take care all and God Bless,

Kind Regards,
    George.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I can see you CastleDreamer and Matt have both met the family and experienced the great hospitality of the Johnsons.

Personally, I truly belive that NZ has by far got the best deals but all over – not only in the South Island. I think there would be some top deals in the North as well. God willing, I intend to expand over there once finance increases.

Matt – how have you gone so far with your investing over there – if you care to share.

Thanks again you guys and to the Johnsons.

Kind Regards,
    George.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi guys thanks for the nice comments

One thing that i wanted to do with my new life in NZ was to catch up with a lot of you guys from the forum.
    I’ve been talking to castledreamer since last year on this forum and email and it was great to finally catch up. Geo and property Guru are also been top people and it’s fantastic to put a face to the person.
    i have been fortunate to meet some absolutely top people through this forum
    Sooshi
    Minimogul
    Wilandel
    Diamond
    Muppet
    RodC
    and the rest
    My life is enriched by these people (yes it may sound corney but i love these guys).

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of Matt BMatt B
    @matt-b

Hi George,

So far I’ve just settled on one property in NZ and have two more settling next week. All three properties are in the South Island and all were sourced by Westan.

Two of the properties are around 12% gross yield and the third will hopefully be around 20% once some renovations are finished (Westan slipped me a great one there). There’s a chance there may be some capital growth with them as well. I hope to buy at least a couple more in the next month or so. Then I’ll really need to scrape some more deposit money together.

I’m getting more and more excited about visiting NZ. The scenery should be awesome (I was a fan of the Lord of the Rings movies) and there’ll be great people like Westan to meet along the way.

Matt

Profile photo of stevefazakstevefazak
    @stevefazak

I have travelled the world extensively, and the only 2 counties i would ever consider bringing my children up in is Australia & New Zealand

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi Matt,

a little bit late but congratulations on those deals – another excuse for you to visit the scenery. I hope the properties Im looking at over there come through succesfull – just waiting to see now.

apparently, there are some great deals going on in the North aswell – you might be interested.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.