All Topics / General Property / wow- 60 Minutes segment on Ollis Tonight!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

http://jenman.com.au/NewsNews1.php?id=230

Check this out! This is really gonna be worth a watch tonight! Remember, we all had a very long post about Ollis and his Town and Country Sales.

People can find it in the search engine on here under “ollis” if they’re interested in reading it.

kay henry

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

It’s just all FEAR headlines. i am getting so bored with that, in general

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Hopefully it does not show me standing next to Ollis when SIS and I went for a tour with him last time…lol.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

That would be soooooooooo funny!
    You will all have to come to my funeral when I die of lauging!

No really you’re too funny, Chan![party]

And Kay thanks for reminding us, I forgot all about it and don’t want to miss it!

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

I do feel sorry for these people that have lost a lot on their investments.

BUT

No-one forced these people to sign anything. They had obviously not done any research on the area beforehand or even after looking at their properties. It is no elses fault except their own for signing on the day. You cannot blame banks, lawyers, etc for your own short commings.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

@still-in-school

Hi Guys,

just watch “60 minutes” and was appalled by what they were saying…

…im not on V.O. side, but with the recent trip not long ago, and seeing what was available on the weekender…

… information was disclosed about, property being undermarket value, and that you were to subsides the extra difference, if you wanted to purchase a property on the weekend tour…

… IMHO, i do believe that many of the people on “60 minutes” were stung on their own fault and were warned, but still stupidly signed and accepted the offers that were made available to them…

… honestly, if someone told you, that the property im selling you, is only infact worth $100k, but i am happy to sell it to you for $140k… its then your decision to go ahead and purchase…

… yet to many people, get emotional involved with the property and will still purchase the property, even when they know the property is much worth less than what they are paying…

… IMHO, im not blaming V.O., but these people were warned before hand… yet still decide to go ahead with the deals and then try to make some sobb story out of it…

…sorry to say it, but i was there and did see, to many people, get emotionally attached to sighted and visted property…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

oh come on folks! We know people will believe anything they’re told. Wanna be a property millionaire in a year with a working poor wage and no property? SURE! No problems! And as soon as anyone says it might not occur, the person is slagged off as a negative naysayer.

Scams and false promises DO occur. We all know that. Talking about it is good. Maybe people will be slightly more cautious now- the mums and dads who watch 60 minutes, and not get dragged into all the RE scams. And plenty of people around here believe all those promises too.

kay henry

Profile photo of aluminatialuminati
    Participant
    @aluminati

Just more propaganda by THEM to scare and stun the poor masses into doing what they’re good at. Sitting on our hands and doing nothing.
    Aluminati.

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

Can you still buy a 2 bedda apartment at Cheveron island for under 165k? I think not, even though they got hit hard at the start I feel that had they hung on they would still be in front today.

Time can heal the wounds if you can stand the pain, the alternative is to hack off the limb!

Not me mate!

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….”

@kay-henry

The problem is, that when people bought the two-tiered marketing places, they were then in negative equity and had to sell their PPOR’s if they had one (as was shown on the program). Or some people just tried to sell off the IP as soon as they found out it was a ripoff.

Remember too, that research wasn’t as easy back then as it is now. There wasn’t the same focus on property. Really, the banks and everyone were just scamming people. Why are we blaming the victim?

kay henry

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

Peoples “greed” is always someone else’s fault..

Participant
    @jetdollars

Regarding VO, you would not believe how many people suck-in by him. Back then during the tour there was 2 guys sitting behind me. I explaint all the history about VO and the scam to them but they still end up signing the contract and I just shaked my head and look away.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

@rugbyfan

Where’s Pisces and Richmond. They could have a great debate about the ethics of the story tonight.

Why if something bad happens to us is it always someone elses fault?

Where our own self responsibilty gone?

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Rugbyfan:

Where’s Pisces and Richmond. They could have a great debate about the ethics of the story tonight.

Why if something bad happens to us is it always someone elses fault?

Where our own self responsibilty gone?

Good called Rugbyfan. Maybe those should take responsibility for there action.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

@kay-henry

Ruggy,

I’m all for responsibility. But these people were TOLD they had an independent solicitor, and they had major banks backing these scams. The banks had the correct valuation on their desks, but got people to sign for contracts 60k over the valuation!

I tend to *believe* my solicitors in my dealings with them. Why would these people think they had paid too much when the banks had done valuations and were loaning them money? With their “independent” solicitor assisting them?

Sheesh- it’s not like these people were fools- they were just trying to buy themselves a holiday house. It was before the boom- not like the prices they paid back then were all about *greed*, Ted. They were just people who probably had a few bucks in the bank and wanted to have an investment.

kay henry

@still-in-school
    Originally posted by Chan$:

Regarding VO, you would not believe how many people suck-in by him. Back then during the tour there was 2 guys sitting behind me. I explaint all the history about VO and the scam to them but they still end up signing the contract and I just shaked my head and look away.

not only that, V.O., also warned and told the interested buyers, that he had put a markup price on the properties and that also, they would be about $50k+ more than the banks valuation, even when warning the passengers on the bus, their greed still kicked in…

… no use sobbing to the media about it, when you were warned before hand, yet at the same time, being greedy, you trap yourself into a debt, and then try to point the finger…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

@rugbyfan

I may be shot down in flames here but I think we have become too much of a nation who sues at the drop of a hat (think USA). We grow up being responsible for ourselves, where has that gone.

Is it something that is not taught in school now or is it something that is not taught at home now?

If I invest in something, I know I could lose the lot if something goes wrong. I am not going to blame anyone for a bad investment desicion if I have not done the proper research.

@rugbyfan
    Originally posted by kay henry:

Sheesh- it’s not like these people were fools- they were just trying to buy themselves a holiday house. It was before the boom- not like the prices they paid back then were all about *greed*, Ted. They were just people who probably had a few bucks in the bank and wanted to have an investment.

kay henry

Without putting too much of a finer point on it, thats exactly what they were. Fools!

Where was their research? If they were foolish enough to part with $160,000 of their own hard earned money on a whim and thats what it was, one day – a deal, a whim, then they must take responsibilty for making a bad investment decision.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

just saw the program – its a good reminder to always scrutinize the banks with as many written documents as you can possible…

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.