All Topics / Help Needed! / Redcliffe – Margate – Woody Point – Still value?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of tankbusterboytankbusterboy
    @tankbusterboy

Hi All,

As you are all familiar with the rise and raise of QLD – I’ve missed the boat due to my incompedence but is this area still worth considering? Willing to spend up to 270K on an IP. I’m starting to think that its getting a little to difficult these days

Regards,
    Brad

Profile photo of sizzling_ducksizzling_duck
    @sizzling_duck

Well there is plenty of RE for less than 270 in those areas (plenty less than $200 on just a quick search).

Firstly, have these areas gone through a major climb in prices and if not then you would have to wonder why this hasn’t occured. For many years Redcliffe never had a good name, but in recent years it is trying to sell itself. I am not sure if this is working since I am a southside person.

If for example they were to plan a new bridge to replace the current one (Hornibrook) then one of the main gripes of many, which is the traffic, would be overcome and I would expect a serious increase in land values in that area.

What about Brighton and its surrounding suburbs? Being on the southside of the bridge may increase CG quicker at least initially. I know prices are starting at closer to your limit, but it wouldn’t hurt to look at that area as well.

As far as I know there is no plans to build another or a replacement bridge in the near future.

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

the Hornibrook bridge is the bane of many peoples commuting lives. Its a shocker, If they only upgraded the bridge and ran the rail line through (as promised for 20years!!!) then the Redcliffe area would go off even more.

Tankbuster, PM me, I have some ideas.
    Cheers
    CD

CastleDreamer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.