All Topics / General Property / good buying and not good areas brisbane FIRST HOME

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey guys

Can anybody give me any comments on Waterford West? Happy for you not to ‘hold back’….[biggrin]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Inala is a problem area.

Logan is going to go big very shortly, some big players are buying in there, Australand, Gerry Harvey, Stockslands and me.

Ipswitch can get as hot as hell but it has a population of 140,000 so it can sustain itself as is to Brisbane what Newcastle is to Sydney.

The 3 highest performing areas are Coomera, Pimpama and Ormeau … my suggestion is to stick around those three … Southport is also an expected boom area and also Coolangata airport area … good luck[cap]

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Hi Melbear, Waterford west is a nice suburb just south of Kingston and slightly to the left. The main road is Kingston Road and this intersects with Loganlea road. There is a small shopping centre on the right heading south with a supermarket, fruit/veg, cafes hardware and a chicken takeaway place(henny penny?). Accross the road is a large tavern that offers cheap meals to patrons. There is a paint shop and service station all on the left at the same lights.

Turn left and you have several sets of small factory units with hobby shops, 2nd hand dealers, 5 real estates, hairdressers, chinese restaurants etc. This Loganlea road has Alora street one street back which is predominantly large 60+ unit/townhouse complexes. These are slightly upmarket with onsite managers. On the other side of the street are single dwellings that back onto the playing field of the local primary school. About a klm down the road is a uni campus and a strategically placed maccas just before the gold coast freeway onramp. I usually eat there before hitting the motorway home south to Coffs after a reno and dropping the keys back to Ray White Waterford who do all of my management there and in Kingston for me.

For rental management deal with Kerri and Kylie on 07 3805 1506 and the sales office is next door. Ask for Lorna and get great service.07 32009088 is the sales number.

Tell em Dave T sent you.

DD

PS146 Certified Financial Planner
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

Ok, time to step back & take a deep breath. SMARTMONEY is looking for a home to live in if I understand the question. What we have here are a stack of suggestions to buy in rough as guts areas where houses could be bought 18-24 months ago for under $100k! The only thing that has changed in these areas leading to price increases is speculators chasing big capital gains have bought in. Remember, “when the only fundamental that matters is recent capital gains, that is the very definition of a bubble”.

My advice would be:
    1) find somewhere nice to rent for around $250 per week. Believe me, you’ll get somewhere nicer for that than for a $220k mortgage.
    2) put $230 per fortnight into a high interest (secured) savings account. This is the amount you will save by renting over buying.
    3) in 24 months time, take your $13,000 in savings and put that into the purchase of a house. Those ordinary houses in ordinary suburbs for $220k will then be priced at $150k or less, so choose one of them or pick a house in a suburb with a current median value of $350k – there’s your $234,000 house of the future!

Cheers, F[cowboy2]

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

In the next 12 mts I would bet on, Ipswich, Redbank, Goodna, Inala … Phil

Profile photo of li21li21
    @li21
    Originally posted by coreyJ:

Hi Smartmoney
    One thing you have to remember when buying your first ppor is how quickly will it increase in value in order to release equity to enable you to buy an ip so it is crucial that you do your homework first before you purchase In my opinion i would prefer to 30 klm’s out of brisbane in an up and coming subub and only be 100 metres from the waterfront for under $220k you have to ask yourself which property is going to be worth more in 10,15,20 years time the beach side house or the the other house in logan
    25klm’s+ from brisbane

Coreyj

Hi Coreyj,

Where is this 30km out of CBD, waterfront prop for <$220k you mentioned.
    Itsounds like good buying..

cheers

Profile photo of windcloudwindcloud
    @windcloud

Are you referring to Brisbane property may drop back to lower price after 24 months? Any support data you can provide?

Originally posted by foundation:

Ok, time to step back & take a deep breath. SMARTMONEY is looking for a home to live in if I understand the question. What we have here are a stack of suggestions to buy in rough as guts areas where houses could be bought 18-24 months ago for under $100k! The only thing that has changed in these areas leading to price increases is speculators chasing big capital gains have bought in. Remember, “when the only fundamental that matters is recent capital gains, that is the very definition of a bubble”.

My advice would be:
    1) find somewhere nice to rent for around $250 per week. Believe me, you’ll get somewhere nicer for that than for a $220k mortgage.
    2) put $230 per fortnight into a high interest (secured) savings account. This is the amount you will save by renting over buying.
    3) in 24 months time, take your $13,000 in savings and put that into the purchase of a house. Those ordinary houses in ordinary suburbs for $220k will then be priced at $150k or less, so choose one of them or pick a house in a suburb with a current median value of $350k – there’s your $234,000 house of the future!

Cheers, F[cowboy2]

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    Originally posted by windcloud:

Are you referring to Brisbane property may drop back to lower price after 24 months?

Yes, I most certainly am.
    When the only fundamental that matters is recent capital gain, you absolutely are in the grip of a speculative bubble.
    There are also changes in the offing – both national and international in scope – that will place negative pressure on house prices.

Any support data you can provide?

If you have some time for reading I will be happy to send you a mass of interesting links, plus a bonus list of vested interests (and why they should be ignored)! PM me.
    Cheers, F.[cowboy2]

Profile photo of RickstaRicksta
    @ricksta

Hi Foundation

Can you send me this mass of interesting links.
    Knowledge is power!!

thanks
    Rick[biggrin]

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.