All Topics / Opinionated! / Save the Tasmanian Tiger and benefit personally

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

The Sydney newspaper ‘The Daily Telegraph’ ran a story on page 21 today about a scientific breakthrough.

The very first paragraph sums up the story : The scientists who cloned Dolly the sheep have succeeded in resurrecting an extinct animal, the Tasmanian Tiger. A photo of this cloned (or more correctly called ‘resurrected’) animal is also shown in the article.

It is already hailed as the scientific breakthrough of the century.

The first such resurrected Tasmanian Tiger is now being kept and cared for at the Gosford Reptile Park.

I have just received an email from an old family friend, Frank Lowy of Westfield fame, who invited me to not only contribute towards a fighting fund to fund such future reincarnations as he called it but to also pledge bringing in other contributors.

I rose to the occasion and pledged to bring in at least 100 contributors.

The minimum contribution to this worthwhile goal is $ 100. One can pledge more if one wants to (I myself pledged $ 5 K) but the minimum amount is, as I said $ 100 which amount was deliberatedly set at this level so as to not let the administrative costs run out of control.

It is envisaged that such contribution will be tax deductable. Mr Lowy apparently has already wrung such promise out of Mr Howard.

Now in order to encourage as many people from this website as possible to become a contributor I in turn will pledge to divulge to all such contributors (from this site that is) some real estate secrets which I wouldn’t dream of divulging publicly (nor for that matter in a public seminar).

I have come to realise that I am no longer a spring chicken so I am now prepared to share – selectively – the secrets I am talking about.

They allow you to turn in a minimum profit of
    $ 200 k to $ 300 k from the purchase of a particular type of property and achieve all that at a minimum risk and all within a period of six months.

I myself am presently negotiating the purchase of three adjoining properties which will produce an almost guaranteed profit of some $ 600 K.

Please consider my request to become a contributor seriously as you are not only contributing towards a worthwhile goal but you will also reap the benefit of becoming privy to my, until now, closely guarded real estate secrets.

Please feel free to email me if you choose to do the right thing by both yourself and this good cause. One thing to remember is that (it sound an unbelievable figure but it is true) some 10,000 species per year are disappearing from the face of the earth. (both plant species as well as animals including insects).

This fighting fund will go a long way to slow down that process and it is everyone’s $ 100 (or more) contribution which will achieve this.

Please feel free to email me with your details and, if you wish, you can also lodge a post in this thread confirming that you have decided to become a contributor.

Such a post may well move others to join up too.

Regards,

Pisces

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

I was pretty sure this was an April Fool’s Day joke…..[confused2]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Just goes to show you that sometimes one is wrong.

Anyway, want to become a contributor Gramyre ?

Pisces

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

The article was an April Fools joke…

The name of the scientist in the article was April Fool rearranged.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

@gramyre

I am still not sure what your post means. The article about the Tasmanian Tiger is clearly an April Fools Day joke. The pledging of funds using the article as a basis of fact is a weird way of raising money and one I won’t be participating in. I am still not sure if you are just having a bit of a joke or someone is scamming you (sorry but that’s how I see it).

As you have said a discovery like this would be the breakthrough of the century, one that would be widely reported and would take little research to confirm. There is no mention anywhere on the net or other press. Nothing.

Reading the article itself one can see it clearly ran out at midday

http://thylacine.customer.netspace.net.au/thylacine.jpg

Anyway if you want to do something for Australian wildlife that doesn’t cost a cent try http://www.abc.net.au/wildwatch

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Aceyducey, there is nothing phony about Mr Lowy. He is an old family friend and I can vouch for his honesty (as will countless others).

He is extremely wealthy and a philantropist in his own rights, contributing to many worthy causes. Most of his contributions we never even hear or read about.

I received his email well before the article was published.

In fact, I was asked to hold off publicity until the article was published.

So Aceyducey, are you going to become a contributor ? (remember the side benefits !!)

Pisces

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Well guys, you have passed the test, too smart to fall for this 1st of April story.

As far as Mr Lowy is concerned, he just isn’t lucky enough to be a family friend.

I do walk past his car though once or twice a week in the carpark as we both belong to the same club. I have never met him face to face however as he secludes himself in a card room (so I believe).

I am however disappointed [glum]
    that no-one thought it worthwhile to try to obtain my socalled secret real estate knowledge.

I’ll just have to take them to my grave. A pity.

Pisces

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond
    Originally posted by Pisces:

I am however disappointed [glum]
    that no-one thought it worthwhile to try to obtain my socalled secret real estate knowledge.

I’ll just have to take them to my grave. A pity.

Pisces

Maybe you’ll end up buried next to SIS
    r

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Richmond, my values aren’t such that I want to be the richest man in the cemetery (nor is it lying next to the richest man).

Besides, S.I.S., nice guy that he is, isn’t quite my type (we both have different real estate philosophies).

Pisces

@gramyre

Geez Pisces, you had me worried there. Couldn’t work out if you were genuine in believing what may have been sent to you or you were scamming us all [biggrin]

Still if you want to spread some of the real estate knowledge [wink]

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9032

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

It was very funny, pisces, I had a good laugh!
    Maybe you should have thrown some Dodo’s into the offer as well!

Your knowledge will be still very welcome on this forum.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.