All Topics / General Property / Purchasing multiple ‘off-the-plan’ properties

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of OzboyOzboy
    @ozboy

If you had, say, the finance/equity to purchase only 1 property out of a block of 6, could you buy the other 5, by getting deposit bonds, 1 after the other? Could this be done really quickly (eg: all six houses bought in a week, by getting a deposit bond every day), by going to 6 different deposit bond companies? Can it be done by going to the same company?

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Ozboy,

If you can only finance one – then only buy one.

Otherwise you are leaving yourself wide open for all sorts of problems.

If your intention is to flip them you will still need to have a ‘fall back’ position available should you not be able to onsell.

Too risky for this little black duck.

Derek
    [email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email welcome.

Profile photo of OzboyOzboy
    @ozboy
    Originally posted by Derek:

Hi Ozboy,

If you can only finance one – then only buy one.

Otherwise you are leaving yourself wide open for all sorts of problems.

If your intention is to flip them you will still need to have a ‘fall back’ position available should you not be able to onsell.

Too risky for this little black duck.

Derek
    [email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email welcome.

Don’t worry, my intention is to buy at a ‘discount’, so they have more ‘attractiveness’ to flip.

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Ozboy,

To qualify for a deposit bond you need at least 5 x the amount of equity to the deposit bond you are applying for.

Do you have the finances to purchase the 6? If not, applications for deposit bonds are almost defacto loan applications.

Even if you went to 6 different companies for deposit bonds, they all mark your credit history, so you cannot hide these applications.

James

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I agree with James. Deposit bond applications are just as difficult as loan applicaitons. So if you can only afford one, then probably you wouldn’t qualify anyway.

And beware of the so called ‘discounts’. Usually it is all crap.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by Ozboy:

If you had, say, the finance/equity to purchase only 1 property out of a block of 6, could you buy the other 5, by getting deposit bonds, 1 after the other? Could this be done really quickly (eg: all six houses bought in a week, by getting a deposit bond every day), by going to 6 different deposit bond companies? Can it be done by going to the same company?

This sounds like an attempt to behave fraudulently.

Unless if the deposit bonds are secured by different assets you are committing a crime.

If caught (and frankly it’s highly likely you will be), you’ll not only lose most of what you have right now but also find it extremely difficult to buy property in the future.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.