All Topics / General Property / looking after the lawn?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of gunner10gunner10
    @gunner10

Just wondering what the standards are for lawn care with investment properties? Who has a contractor looking after their IP lawns and who has the tenant doing it? Did you have to reduce your rent to have the tenant do it?

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

I pay half the excess water bill if they keep the lawns green and in good condition,seems to work for me so far .

Regards Risky

If you want the rainbow youve got to put up with the rain!

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

I pay $40 once a month to good ole’ “Jims Mowing” . Renters usually can’t be bothered, builds resentment

I actually have a confession…. um….
    um..
    um…. when i was young and partying my hormones away I..I..
    mowed the front strip of roses into the ground, “damn gardening..” i concluded at the time ” Why do I have to mow AND give money to Real Estate Agent”

Ok I fessed up…(please note I always paid rent and repaired any damage i did… just for the record”

lifexperience

Profile photo of honeyblondehoneyblonde
    @honeyblonde

Same here it costs me $40/m (the block is 850m2) the tenant would have to borrow a lawn mower and the edges were never done. Its grouds for raising the rent a little as well I’m sure the tenant is now happy that they dont have to do it any more.

Lots of +cf props NSW Country. Hard work is done. Nick 0414 274 495
    [email protected]

Profile photo of gunner10gunner10
    @gunner10

I also get Jim’s mowing but I have got them coming every two weeks – probably a silly question because it depends on the grass growth but is this too often? It probably works better for me anyway because I am negative gearing.

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Hi. In W.A you would have to pay extra for lawnmowing. I,m all for looking after the tenant but paying for gardening is a bit rich.A tenant is required to maintain the property in the same manner as to when they take up the lease .its their responsibility so if you want mower man charge accordingly.Russ.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

For rural ve+ properties, just throw in a few sheep. You dont want to reduce the ve+.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.