All Topics / Opinionated! / Take the time; Find thirty

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Does anyone take the time to find 30 mins a day for exercise.
    My whole life started to change late last year when I decided to give up smoking.
    Slowly I realised that I could breathe again and so I started joining my partner when she went for her ealy morning walk.
    Each day got better and better and we walked further and further and each day I felt better about myself.
    I figured that if I could give up smoking then I could do anything
    My whole outlook on life changed and I started immersing myself in books.I had read a few motivational things when I was younger but never really got into it.
    So I ventured off to the local library and started looking for something That I knew would help change my life.
    Bingo ( 0-130 properties in 3.5 years).Wow that really got me inspired.So back to library for more inspirational stuff.Well its all there for the taking .
    Next great work of inspiration was (Money secrets of the rich).Great stuff.
    Once you start to put a few of the principles into practice then things really start to change.

My whole life has taken on new meaning and to think it all came about because I decided to give up smoking and find 30.
    Russ.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Congratulations on improving your lifestyle, RussH!
    And thanks for reminding me to take out 30 min a day.
    I had a back injury which have prevented me from exercising lately, but I’m recovering very well and it’s about time I started my program again.

My prefered exercises, which I used to do almost every day are the 5 Tibetan exercises, which are from a branch of yoga. Supposed to be very good for your whole body.
    I’m also planning to start walking again!!
    Good to encourage people, RussH.

Profile photo of theloanarrangertheloanarranger
    @theloanarranger

Inspirational post. I still smoke, despite years of thinking/considering, but never really DECIDING to give up. Got a whole bundle of excuses as to why I can’t give up just yet (I know, I know – even I don’t believe half of ’em..)

Giving up for the $$ savings alone doesn’t work for me – I’d still buy at twice the price, despite realizing how much extra I’d have to spend on my other filthy habits.. [cigar]

But how that decision led to the other decision/s, etc, etc – good to hear. I’m told, and have no doubt myself, that giving up the gaspers is the hardest thing you’ll ever do. Sincere congrats on the effort. I hope to join the club myself sometime soon. Cheers.

Congrats on giving up

theloanarranger

Profile photo of BlackJackBlackJack
    Participant
    @blackjack

This could become the smokers anonymous thread! I started in school (a short while ago [blush2]) and have never even tried to give up. Scared of failure is my best excuse… [cigar]

However, being in Tassie, our fearless ex-leader has proved a great inspiration for others – it was reported that there was a 300% increase in calls to the Quit Line since he was diagnosed with lung cancer.

One day [guilty]

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr

Just think of your kids every time you light up.
    Think of what you’re really doing.
    I’ve never understood smoking.
    If someone could outline its benefits I would be very interested.

J

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

Well done Russh [strum] Been 1.5 years smoke free for me too and enjoying my taste and smell a lot more.[jerry]

If you want the rainbow youve got to put up with the rain!

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Risky.Well done 1.5 years.
    I celebrate 5 months tomorrow yeha.
    Just got to find a way to shed the kilos LOL the walking is good but the waist isnt hahaha.
    Russ.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

Gotta say, I ocassionally have a cigar but only with either a really old bottle of red or a vintage port.

I smoked for about ten years after leaving school but gave up a while ago now. I now exercise up to 12 hours a week so I certainly do ‘find 30’.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

Profile photo of sunshinesunshine
    @sunshine

Im not a smoker [cigar] Thank goodness but have been struggling wiuth severe upper backpain due to an injury TEN YEARS AGO, unable to sleep all night, unable to bear being on my back, enduring radiotherapy every 18 months, not too mention the incredibale amount of painkillers…

So three months ago I decided this was it. If medical science couldnt help me it was time to take control. So I went back to physio for a carefully worked out plan, hired myself a trainer who is my greatest motivator, changed my diet totally and the $80 a week (sometimes more) has been the best investment I have ever made.

I have had 2 pain free nights, the first in 10 years and the challenge is on to be pain free in 90 more days, and the amazing thing is, I may actually get there. My trainer has seen the tears, depression and frustration and we are breaking through that now.

What use to me, all these properties and my ever growing ‘retirement’ fund if my quality of life has been pretty low, so even though I wont see any money from my ‘investment’, the return is HUGE.[thumbsupanim][thumbsupanim][thumbsupanim]

30 mins a day is all it takes and I will be maintaining this now for the rest of my improved life![strum]

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

Nice post Russ. I think 30 mins of exercise a day is essential. Using that same time to pray/focus/think of things you’re grateful for etc is also a fantastic way to start the day, focussed and ready to go.

Regards,
    Si

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston

Congratulations RussH on giving up the dreaded gaspers, its great to be able to breath properly again and to be able to taste food again isn’t it.I gave up 11 years ago after smoking for over 20 years. it was hard at first but it was the best thing i ever did.I now ask myself why i ever started,can’t stand the smell of smoke or other smokers, they say reformed smokers are the worst. I put on quite a bit of weight though after. Several years ago i had a work accident and injured my back, part of my rehabilitation process was to lose some weight and do more exercise. I lost 10 kilos and was walking for 30 minutes every day, i felt great. Slowly though i got slack and stopped walking regularly and put the weight back on. I am working on it again and have lost about 6 kilos and am starting to feel better again, have to really push myself though as i have lost the enthusiasm i once had, must be old age creeping in i think.Anyway good luck with it all and just keep telling yourself you do not need cigarettes.
    Cheers
    Foston

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

My Gawd, I am not the only one. The place is full of crocks.

Pisces

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston

Hi Pisces,
    I just had a look at your profile and according to that you’re only 11 years old, and i thought only women lied about their age.
    Foston

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

That should actually have read 110 [xmas]
    but I guess you won’t believe that either.

O.K., I am 11, I am a child genius [xmas]

Pisces

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Well I did the opposite Russ, I went from being real fit (after giving up smoking for 9 years) I would swim between 2-5kms a day, and then spend approx 2 hours at a gym. I would get up at 5am to fit all this in. Since starting smoking again 3 years ago my health has dropped considerably slowly but surely. I have given up smoking many times in the last 3 years and even just after a week I feel a big difference. I will continue to give up till I succeed. Many say im just not a quitter but in this case I will prove them wrong……LOL[cigar]

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Russ,

Thank you for the topic. I would love to be a quitter one day. Wish me luck…

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I wish you luck, Chan! And others.
    Please try coz “Smoking’s bad, ankay!”

Have you a plan or strategy to quit? (Geez I sound a bit like Steve, hehe).

There are some good books that can help you quit. My brother, who quit over 2 years ago, said a book by an author called Carr helped him a lot.(Don’t know the title {probably something obvious like Quitting smoking, dah}but I saw it in Angus and Robertson a while ago).

I think that Carr’s strategy is to stop without patches, and he uses natural foods and drinks I believe to combat the habit, and heaps more.

There’s also a book by Deeprak Chopra, I may be called: Overcoming Addictions. I gave it to my other brother’s girlfriend.
    It’s about all kinds of addictions, from smoking to alcohol abuse to gambling.
    I have never read this myself but my brother’s girlfriend said it helped her a lot and she has been ‘clean’ for about a year now since reasing the book and applying it.

All I know about this strategy is that Deeprak goes easy on you, I think he will let you quit in your mind first and taking the steps only when you are ready.

His method allows you to smoke at first, but only if you smoke mindfully. If you smoke, you do nothing else but smoke. No reading while you smoke. No watching TV either.
    So that you really take the time out to light up a cigarette, that you feel the smoke enter your lungs consciously, notice your heart rate perhaps increase, all the time when smoking observing what you are really doing to your own body.
    It sounds a bit like a smoking-meditation, doesn’t it?

Be aware of the taste, your body, the feeling the smoke causes.
    As soon as you lose awareness, you should stop the smoking period and go back to what you were doing before yo lit up.

THis will make you more sensitive to what you are really doing to yourself and you will desire less.

Not sure what else is involved.
    You have to read it for yourself if interested, as I said I haven’t even read it myself.

I quit 18 years ago, hadn’t discovered any books and help, but as soon as I found out I was pregnant I decided I didn’t want to poison my own baby, this was a great incentive and have never started again. Cold turkey did it for me! Was very hard, though!

If I smoked now and wanted to quit, I would like to quit this way, I think.
    May be I should start smoking heavily for a year just to reap the benefits of applying this method.[cigar] and finding out if it works for me.
    Then, on second thought, better not, if it doesn’t work I’ll have to get pregnant again to help me quit! No thanks!

It’s weird how years after you quit (well I should say I, just speaking for myself) you get a real, terrible dislike of the habit, really sensitive to smoke.
    I can’t stand it to be in smokey surroundings, really makes my physically unwell, nausious etc.[sick3]
    Lucky for me my husband quit too just before I did.

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Thanks for the replies guys and gals.All I can say is i,m glad I gave it up before it gave me up.
    We can all do it if we stay positive.You wouldnt let some total stranger tell you how to go about your everyday activities.
    So dont let a thing like nicotine run your whole life.Or should I say “Ruin your whole life”
    Russ.

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by RussH:

Thanks for the replies guys and gals.All I can say is i,m glad I gave it up before it gave me up.
    We can all do it if we stay positive.You wouldnt let some total stranger tell you how to go about your everyday activities.
    So dont let a thing like nicotine run your whole life.Or should I say “Ruin your whole life”
    Russ.

WELL PUT

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Thanks Celivia for your kind words and tips for stop smoking. I will keep what you said in mind.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.