All Topics / General Property / On comfort zones

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of SchardijnSchardijn
    @schardijn

Although I understand that achieving big dreams involves making big afforts, sometimes; I also understand that nothing should be achieved by force. I think most people are already forcing themselves into doing many things. If we keep doing something that is absolutely not giving us anyhting for too long, that will only lead to neuroses and unhappiness. The strength to decide and fight for big objectives in life is something that must come naturally.

There’s this general idea that wealth brings happiness and therefore we all ought to make money. Money’s a piece of paper. Happiness is a feeling in the heart. They have nothing to do with each other.
    The quality of our lives, specially in developed countries, has much more to do with the way we feel than with the amount of money we have. And the way we feel is directly related to the deep beliefs we carry in our minds. Beliefs about ourselves, about the ones around us, about our work, about life. If those beliefs are not right, no major objectives in life can be achieved. The drive to get out there and fight for our dreams will not be there. Life in itself becomes crooked.

Before we decide to get into property investment or any other full time business, we must know exactly how that’s gonna make us feel better. We must know the beliefs we live by. We may need to re-think ourselves completely before anyhting else.
    So many get stuck and give up, because these beliefs are not easy to change. But most importantly, do they have to?
    It’s up to everyone of us to look deep into ourselves and honestly ask: am I happy? And find out why not.
    On the other hand, a lot of people out there are happy, even if they’re not rich and haven’t built a property empire. A lot of people out there don’t need to be a property investor to be happy. We don’t have to do anything but to be honest with ourselves and live according to what we really are and not to what anyone tells us we should do or be.
    I believe that if the decisions we make really reflect what we truly are, then everything we need to achieve whatever we want , will flow naturaly within us.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Indeed – money cannot buy happiness.

But it can buy back time that you’d otherwise have to allocate to working in a job.

Comfort zones are detrimential to investing progress.

Several excellent points:

Although I understand that achieving big dreams involves making big afforts sometimes; I also understand that nothing should be achieved by force.
    The strength to decide and fight for big objectives in life is something that must come naturally.
    We don’t have to do anything but to be honest with ourselves and live according to what we really are and not to what anyone tells us we should do or be.

Thanks for the contribution!

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Originally posted by SteveMcKnight:

Indeed – money cannot buy happiness.

But it can buy back time that you’d otherwise have to allocate to working in a job.

Hi Schardijin,

money may not bring happiness, but money can also keep people focus on goals and ideas people want to achieve…

… one of the biggest things money can do, is buy you time…

… as we are all growing up and trying to position ourselves in life, we sacrifice our time for money, to be able to live comfortable and healthy and so on and on…

but…

as we get older, its the opposite way… we want to work less, so that we can have more time to spend with the family and kids and what other important reasons for you…

… that time is more important for you now …

many will say to be able to subsitute time you need money, to replace that time… so your time can be free… to do the things you want…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia
    Originally posted by Schardijn:

Before we decide to get into property investment or any other full time business, we must know exactly how that’s gonna make us feel better.

Bugger, too late for most of us!

Profile photo of SchardijnSchardijn
    @schardijn

It’s never too late for anything for as long as you’re alive, Celivia
    We cannot go back in time, but we can decide how to see and do things from now on.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Schardin :o)

Yes, we make decisions every day about how we live our lives. Every day, hopefully, we learn, grow, and shift- in the aim, hopefully, of becoming better people.

I don’t know about comfort zones- life can be changeable, and we csan sit in a comfort zone, but that can be shifted by others, so we may have to leave it anyway. I think it’s good to be flexible, and to invite change, but in keeping with our personal core principles.

Thanks for your post!

kay henry

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

“Nothing should be achieved by force”
    Cant say that ive witnessed any millionaires being forced to make all that money.
    The only force behind it all is their passion for life their passion for achievement their passion for everything that they do.
    Lets all get passionate and don,t let anyone force you into making any of that lovely money.
    Russ.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

Great post Schardijn, well thought out.

If you are challenging your comfort zone (meaning you feel frustrated or uncomfortable) then you are growing and achieving.

I made the mistake last year of focussing on the dream, the goal, the passive income and financial freedom. Trying to achieve these things in order to become truly happy.

I realised that i needed to be happy on the journey to these things, NOW. not later…

So I took massive action, resigned from my job and moved to NZ, and now invest full time. I wish I did it sooner, and even though there are plenty of frustrations and setbacks as I take action – I’m a lot happier than I was last year.

I dont know why more people dont take the chance. What’s the worst that can happen?

I’m in the MAP, and can provide +CF deals in NZ for a fee. Email me for details.

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Money doesn’t buy happiness – but it’s sure nicer to be rich & miserable than poor and miserable!

I retired a few years ago now & haven’t looked back.

Though there was some kicking & screaming at the start – beware…work is addictive, going cold turkey can be tough :)

Remember, if you work until you’re 65 & retire with nothing at least you have certainty!

Getting out of your own comfort zone is often the most important step towards success & happiness.

Time is more valuable than money.

Money is easy to get hold of, but no-one, no matter how rich, has more than 24 hours in a day.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.