All Topics / General Property / Easter pressies to tenants?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

By Gramyere: “I wonder if getting out will take her to a hotel room where they leave chocolates on the pillow for their customers, or to restaurants who provide after dinner mints gratis. Plenty of examples of chocolate giving in a professional manner.
    chocolate mmmm”

SO funny, Gramyere, you’re cracking me up! It’s good to bring some humour into this topic at this point!

Still, Yack and qwerty might have a point about professionalism.
    I really never thought about it, how some ‘measly eggs’ could mess up things for the PI. It sounds like such a small thing to do, how can it have such a big effect?
    Inexperienced I am!

Really it is my first IP with my 1st tenants and may be more experience will tell me whether it is or isn’t a good idea to bother about gifts for tenants.
    I suppose for people with 5 or more IPs they won’t dream of sending all these tenants gifts. Time will tell whether in my case I made a mistake or good choice.

I don’t expect it to make any difference either way, it’s merely a gesture for the sake of it, and I doubt it will have any effect on how the tenants regard me as a landlord. (Let’s hope!)

Anyway the eggs and bunnies are on their way so there’s no turning back now.[wink]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

*intercepts the bunnies and eats all the eggs so Cel doesn’t mess up her first IP arrangement and lose her fortune!!* MUAHAHA! [upsidedown]

kay henry

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Thanks, Kay, hehehe, hope you won’t mess up your sheets tonight from eating all those eggs.[puke]

Profile photo of everdineeverdine
    @everdine

which came first the eggs or the bunnies ???? [eh]

Have enjoyed folowing this thread it made me think and while I normally love giving gifts – I have now decided a plant at a non-event time may be the way to go. Have only had our IP 3 months and the tennant has already requested and got a new screendoor, and a carport is on the the agenda for next month, so we are spending way more than we are earning at present.

Each circumstance is different and at this stage I think spending dollars that keep the tennant happy and add value to our IP is our priority.

Gifts may follow at a later time.

Diane

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Gee, a Paas ei. Haven’t had one for many years Celivia.

Pisces

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by Celivia:

I suppose for people with 5 or more IPs they won’t dream of sending all these tenants gifts.

Some of us do :)

But not on calendar events, as a thank you at a random point in the year.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

That’s a good idea, too, Acey, that way it can be ‘spread out’ over the year and not so much spending all in the one week.

Pisces:
    Een ei hoort erbij

I was wondering, what do bunnies and eggs really have to do with Easter? Is there a legend or some history behind it?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.