All Topics / General Property / Easter pressies to tenants?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

This is the first Easter that I have tenants (good ones, luckily!). I was thinking of giving a nice box of Easter eggs to the tenants&kids.

Are others usually ignoring Easter and giving Xmas only, or do you give something for Easter as well?

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

In the seven yrs I have been investing and with multiple properties, I have NEVER given tenants a Gift.

I dont see why. To me its a business relationship and my properties are managed by a property manager.

My properties are $5-10 per week below market rent and in good condition. I always respond to repairs etc.

In my view there is no need. They are not my family.

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

You may be better giving pressies to the property manager… I know Steve mentioned it in the book, but for me it depends on whose relationship you value most.

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

I think they would appreciate it very much Celivia, you never know it may be the only easter chocies they get? Also thats a good idea of giving chocs to your PM , get on there good side might just work out better for you down the road.[thumbsupanim]

Regards Risky

If you want the rainbow youve got to put up with the rain!

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

2 weeks ago I gave 2 movie tickets to one of my tenant who look after my property really well and paying rent on time.

I will also give one week free rent for signing a new lease for 2 years. The tenant want air condition in the unit so I will put it for them with $10 per week extra for 2 years lease.

At this point, I am not plannig to give anything away for easter.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

I think this is a good thread. Once I get a tenant, I do everything I can to keep them. Of course, this probably flies in the face of hard line investor wisdom – see Yack. I have a tenant in a block of flats I own who is a keen gardner. I give the local nursey $40 per month and they keep a tab for her. The gardens look great – lots of flowers (which in turn helps attract other tenants). I’ve got an 18 yr old girl in another property who is doing the HSC. She’s working part time at Coles. I’m giving her a week’s free rent around mid year exams so she can study. I’ve got a single mum in another place. Once a month I pay a local babysitter to go there and give her 4 hours off. I do these sort of things through my property managers. They equate to a rental discount of around $10 below market but I find they engender great tenant loyalty. And yes, when I have a good property manager, I reward them too.
    Scott

Profile photo of brucegrahambrucegraham
    Participant
    @brucegraham

I never get involved with my tenants.Yes they are all good tenants, but tenants are just that. Tenants.I don’t know what they look like or do I care. My properties are well above average(so are the rents)but business is business “Hermy my boy”.
    My property manager is paid to keep them happy.
    Which keeps me happy.And that’s the most important
    thing!!!! MMMMMEEEEEE.

bbruham.
    winners make it happen.
    losers let it happen.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Playing Santa [xmas]at Chrsitmas is enough for me, I have no intentions of becoming the Easter bunny as well.

They are your tenants though, so do what you like or what you feel is right.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Hey Cel :o)

Yeah, give them some easter eggs- it’s a great idea. Why not? They’re helping you pay off your IP.

I gave my tenants a week’s free rent because they helped me sell my IP by keeping it in such good condition and being kind to potential buyers who came to see the place. I knew I’d probably never see the tenants again and not have any future relationship with them. So it was not gonna have any benefit to me. It was just an expression of my appreciation to them.

Vive les tenants!

kay henry

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

Sounds like you want to and that they are worthy in your eyes…so why not? It’s a long way to Christmas and the $20 odd you spend will probably buy 10x that in good will.

At Christmas I received a card in the mail from the Indian restaurant I occassionally get home delivery from. That $1 card (+ 50c postage) has made that restaurant about 3x as many orders from me than I would have.

I wish my landlord was the giving type [biggrin]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I was around doing something in the garden last week and dropped in some hot homemade hot cross buns.

Seemed well recieved!

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Thanks people.
    I am really happy with my tenants, even though I don’t know them personally, so I will give them a pressie.

According to my PM they’re looking after the garden very well, looks good. My PM goes past the property every day because she happens to live in the same street.

Of course, the PM is getting a nice present as well.

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

When you give selflessly you improve the lives of so many people around you.It makes you feel good ,it makes them feel good.So come on everyone get in on this.
    Russ.[biggrin]

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

@yack

I have decided to buy myself an easter egg for each property I have.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>I have decided to buy myself an easter egg for each property I have<<

Better still, go to a greek delicatessen shop and buy some egg paint. Very simple, you cook the egg in water into which you have put some paint (one colour at the time of course – no shortcuts)

Chook eggs are much cheaper (and healthier) than chocolate eggs and just as colourful.

Pisces

Participant
    @celivia

LOL Yack, this wouldn’t work for me with my one and only IP.
    OR I could buy the most giant egg I can find!

Participant
    @celivia

LOL Pisces, it’s not the colour that iI grave!

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

“I’ve got an 18 yr old girl in another property who is doing the HSC. She’s working part time at Coles. I’m giving her a week’s free rent around mid year exams so she can study. I’ve got a single mum in another place. Once a month I pay a local babysitter to go there and give her 4 hours off.”

Celivia, and depreciator, these are great ideas, why not look after other people. There’s a lot of support for the argument that the tighter you are with your money, the harder it is to hang on to it – why not look after people as well. Good on you guys.

CD[thumbsupanim]

CastleDreamer

Profile photo of Rachel77Rachel77
    @rachel77

Hi all,

I definitly think giving small gifts to your tenants is a great idea. Although I as yet have no IP’s I will be making the effort to do this to those tenants that deserve it when I get any.

Soon I will be becoming a tenant myself, not because I can’t afford my own home but because I want to invest my money in IP’s. Never assume that your tenants are people who don’t have the money for their own home. Respect goes both ways remember and they are helping pay of a valuable asset. If you look after them they will undoubtably look after you…by paying on time and caring for your home.

Here’s to the gift givers!!!

Rachel.[party]

@yack

Oh – thanks for the Easter Eggs. Did you know my youngest son is now starting School. I will be a little late paying my rent this month – I hope you dont mind. I am sure he will love the eggs. Thanks again.

I dont want this to happen to me.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.