All Topics / General Property / Investment TERMITES!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Profile photo of Nathan BirchNathan Birch
    Participant
    @nathan-birch

what i was thinking is asking the agent i am going to use for management of property if they want to put their sign up there and manage my house for free….
    i think this would be something new but might be able 2 work something out with the agent!
    how much rent per week do u feel it would be worth….??? $15 per week

Profile photo of holdencommodoreholdencommodore
    @holdencommodore

Sounds pretty decent to me… thats 750 a year for that kinda of exposure… one listing would cover their expenses. Spose its up to them though.

(“,) $$$ HoLdEnCoMmOdOrE $$$ (“,)

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

My 2c worth on a topic I know v little about.

If you have termite in a wooden fence, why the hell would you consider spending one cent to treat termites. Get a quote for a metal fence (about 40-60 dollars/linear metre) and dig out the old posts. A metal fence will never have ‘evidence of past termite activity’ in a future pest report.

As for whether you got a good deal, I reckon you did, assuming one thing. And that is that you are able to hold onto that property (ie not be forced/want to sell) until you knock it down and build another house. Check with council, and build a duplex (attached) if possible in ten years time.

If you ever need to sell, people will walk for the most fickle of reasons, and the mention of the WA words will send them fleeing- hence my surprise of somebody trying to treat a fence!

Best of luck, but please promise me you will be conservative in your borrowings and never rely on selling the block.

Prices will certainly move north after m7 is built, and I reckon you got a good deal.

Profile photo of Nathan BirchNathan Birch
    Participant
    @nathan-birch

wrappack, in my message b4, i will never sell property only if i was financially unable 2 keep it.
    i belive that cg properties the house should only be like 5% of the propertys value
    so like i paid about 8% or so its still ok. like good rental, good cg’s and who cares what happens in 10-15 years time i can knock it down after the house has paid for the property.

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan
    Originally posted by Derek:

Hi Rugbyfan,

You said “No idea here, but assume $1000 for a basic arsenic treatment.”

I was under the impression that arsenic dust can no longer be used in WA – wondering if this is the same in other states.

Derek
    [email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email welcome.

Derek, it is not illegal in NSW. Other states I am not sure of.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

Chan

Re termite treatments: I can only say I was quoted 1200 for house and fence and some trees.

I was told the tree stumps would need to be treated, but the owners decided to have the stumps ground out, whihc was a problem as they didnt treat them before they did the grinding.

I was told I needed to have the place treated and checked in 6 months time. Then 12 monthly treatments to maintain.

Trouble was the owners had done their own treatment sprays so it was not necessarily done correctly and pest guy could not be sure there were no termites in the house given the amount of infestation so close to the home and in some many areas eg fence Talking a 1800 block, very long fence! They were in the out houses, the kids play things, the pool area, trees and green house.

I pulled out of the deal, and it was 145k

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.