Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hi,
    This is my situation, I have an invesmemnt property and the nieghbour sent a letter with a bill attached to it regarding runoff from my property into his pool.
    As i attend to any problems promptly on all my properties i did not have any fair warning about this problem and it had been occuring for a number of years (I have owned house for 2 years) It was with the DHA till christmas and now i have it with a local realestate. The building inspection shows that their was no problem with the runoff nor does the property inspections conducted by the DHA in the 2 years i have owned it.Should i pay for his pool maintenance or is he over reacting ?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Dom ;)

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi Dom

Did you get this sorted? I have only just found this post….

If it were me, I wouldn’t immediately pay it. I would definitely look into it to see where the fault is, and what the laws state about who has to pay anyway. Then I might discuss it with him. He’s probably just looking for some easy money….

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey DOM,

not sure also if you got this sorted out.

Two things:
    1 – if you got a building report stating that your property has never caused any damage to your neighbour, then I wouldn’t pay it. As long as you’ve got something in writing, you should be safe.

2 – Try to offer a compromise – you don’t want to lose their value. They could be good neighbours who report to you when something happens to your property. And the opposit works, if you don’t offera compromise, they can backfire on you and destroy your property.

It’s a catch 22 situation…

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hi,
    I went to my ip for an inspection about a week ago and popped my head over the next door nieghbours pool, i am not sure but i think i saw a crocodile swimming in it LOL.

This guy has got to be kidding, i would not pay him 1 cent even if he took me to the highest court house after i saw his pool.It was greener than than a swamp and palm leaves were all over the outside and inside of the pool.If he really spent all that money on cleaning it it should be clearer then a glass of water.

Due date is today to pay him his bill.
    I say good luck to him on getting my money.
    You never know until you see it for yourself.
    Thanks Dom

Profile photo of wejons1wejons1
    @wejons1

DAAJ,

Did you get photos of the pool and the condition it was in?

May be useful if he does take you to court

wejons1

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

wejons1,
    No but thanks for the advise.I can easly have that done.
    Cheers Dom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.