All Topics / Help Needed! / FHOG is this illegal?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of paulnpauln
    @pauln

I’m wondering if this is illegal or not.
    Before I got married to my wife, she bought a townhouse that we both live in now. The house is still in her name (maiden name that is) and so are the bills. Since getting married she has changed her last name to mine. Now I haven’t applied for the FHOG, could I apply for it with our next house?

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

call the ATO – when filling in the form, there are ertain conditions that you need to meet – try getting a copy of this form.

My advice is to apply for the FHOG anyway. besides, what’s the worse that can happen – your application simply gets nocked back – no legal issues though.

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of paulnpauln
    @pauln

Good advice, thanks Geo

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I think you will be comitting fraud if you apply for it – you will need to make certain declarations which I think you cannot make truthfully. I don’t imagine that to be the way ahead.

Did she get the FHOG already?

Check out the links to your state administrators on my website and see what you think.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of paulnpauln
    @pauln

Just checked on your link MortgageHunter and we can’t apply for it. Thanks for that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.