All Topics / General Property / what would you do with the money?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Elves,

I am not sure if I am to late with my response to your question, as I think you said you had already spent the money in question on property? Is that right? If not, and you are still wanting to know “how to” make use of your funds, I would have to agree with everyone else in here who have repeatedly voiced the “pay off your credit card” suggestion. After all, interest on credit cards in far greater than any profitable property return. I too have a credit card (only one) but nevertheless, the interest is quite substantial. I have found that the best way to make use of a credit card (wisely???) is to repay any purchase money within the 45 day “interest-free” period, that way, I am playing with the bank’s money and not my own. Basically, I get to use their money for free! [cigar][cigar]

SIS,

Your situation is somewhat different, however, again, as with Elves, I would suggest pay off your credit card debt first.
    I would be glad to put in my 2c worth in advising you, but I am not real sure of your situation. I thought you were going o/s in a few weeks??? I am not really sure….[blink][eh][hmm]

All the best to both you,

Jo

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Elves,

I am not sure if I am to late with my response to your question, as I think you said you had already spent the money in question on property? Is that right? If not, and you are still wanting to know “how to” make use of your funds, I would have to agree with everyone else in here who have repeatedly voiced the “pay off your credit card” suggestion. After all, interest on credit cards in far greater than any profitable property return. I too have a credit card (only one) but nevertheless, the interest is quite substantial. I have found that the best way to make use of a credit card (wisely???) is to repay any purchase money within the 45 day “interest-free” period, that way, I am playing with the bank’s money and not my own. Basically, I get to use their money for free! [cigar][cigar]

SIS,

Your situation is somewhat different, however, again, as with Elves, I would suggest pay off your credit card debt first.
    I would be glad to put in my 2c worth in advising you, but I am not real sure of your situation. I thought you were going o/s in a few weeks??? I am not really sure….[blink][eh][hmm]

All the best to both you,

Jo

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Monopoly,

am going aways soon, but wont be till mid July o/s, but really right now, just trying to get everything inline before leaving, but will only be away for a short period…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

In that case SIS,

Maybe you should wait till you return to decide best way to spend your money. However, paying off your credit card debt, can’t be done soon enough in my opinion.

Good luck,

Jo

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

alrightie, cant wait so ill tell ya what my approach will be.

first up, with the equity that is available, will be looking for 1-2 possibly negative geared properties, but with a minimal market growth return of 80%.

secondly, being conservative and saying that i will have about $80k to spend and invest… this is my out line, of what im seeking to do.

at the moment my younger brother, whos a bit similar to me, has just dropped out of school… so ideally he has a good idea on how to invest, but for his interest he likes the idea and wants to learn about shares…

• $5k in course material and courses for my younger brother to learn about shares.
    • $5k to play with and invest online
    • $20k for myself to further invest in the share market, but also will seek a 30% LVR margin loan
    • $15k to be put into an offset account, but which will be linked to my cc
    • $25k to be transferred into an offshore account, where im currently setting up my first corporation.
    • $5k for miscallenous use
    • $5k further more to cover, expenses for a holiday trip, to NZ, but also to cover costs in teaching and mentoring my brother about investing.

in a month or 2, soon afterwards of recieving this money, will have access again to the same amount or more coming through, but will be further spent and accelerated into more speculation areas of investing… for the moments its just getting my brother up to scratch, and to a position, where i can feel comfortable, but also feel avail to give him more money to play with and invest with, so that we can seek risker and larger returns, but give him a real taste of investing.

though, do have some other things happening, but there things that im offering to my sister, but will wait and see what her decision is in mid July

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I am very pleased with myself as I have just reduced a credit card by $3000 and actually had the credit limit decreased. The outstanding balance was transferred (internally with ANZ, so no credit check) to a new product card with a 7.99 percent interest rate for transfers from other cards for 6 months, and 10.99 percent for all new transaction. Pretty chuffed with this.
    All done instantly with one phone-call.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.