All Topics / Help Needed! / Tax Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

I would like to sell my investment property and would like to know how much tax i might pay.
    this is the situation house for sale at $295000, owe $212000 (Private sale) owned for two years.In joint names myself and wife.Our income approximatly me $350000 wife $280000.Any help would be appreciated.
    Dom[exhappy]

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

call your accountant and ask him/her for professional advice and the correct calculations.

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of investroninvestron
    @investron

I think you may have made a mistake with your incomes, if not, you shoudn’t be selling you should be buying more.

Re: Your Question.

It doesn’t matter how much you owe, it’s how much Capital Gain you have made after two years.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

You need to list your purchase price.

Asa rough rule of thumb, selling price less purchase price gives the gain, you then get a 50% discount, then divide into 2 and this amount goes ontop of your other income.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent

Accountants are always the best people to speak to for tax advice, but you may get a better response on the forums if you use the Legal and Accounting forum.

Brent Hodgson
    PropertyInvesting.com
    Admin Manager

I’m going on a property buying tour!

Want to receive the e-mail diary of my trip, hear about some of the great Positive Cashflow deals I find, and perhaps discover some great opportunities for yourself? e-mail or PM me!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.