All Topics / Heads Up! / ABC Tue 30th 8.00pm: Selling Success

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of _se7en__se7en_
    @_se7en_

Four part doco on the wealth creation seminars, the first episode is on Brad Sugar, not sure off the other 3, but one looks like Rick Otten.

Should be interesting.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Thanks once again.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr

It will be interesting to see what slant they put on them, positive or negative.

J

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

From: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200403/highlights/226733.htm

Program summary

Reality Bites: Selling Success!
    Brad Sugars: Building Billionaires
    8:00pm Tuesday, 30 March

Success seminars have become one of the 21st century’s growth industries. Many Australians now feel that a much better life could be just a seminar away – and they are willing to pay big money to be put on the fast track to success. It is estimated that more than 250,000 Australians have attended wealth creation events alone.

Selling Success! introduces four gurus, Brad Sugars, Rick Otton, Brendan Nichols and Ian Hutchinson, each with a distinctly different system for success. As well as meeting these gurus and taking a look at the seminars, each episode follows the progress of some of the students to see how much they actually achieve in the year following the seminars.

In episode one Brad Sugars: Building Billionaires, Brad Sugars says he’s worth around $100,000,000. He lives in a very big house in Brisbane he designed himself and has $3,000,000 worth of vehicles in his nine-car garage. He is sure he will be a billionaire one day – it’s just a question of when, after all, he’s still only in his early 30s.

Attending one of Brad’s week long workshops sets participants back around $10,000. As well as looking at the usual ways to wealth – real estate, the share market and buying and selling businesses, Brad has much to say about the role of personal habits in personal success.

The event is run like a military boot camp, with Brad the absolute authority. Coffee, tea, alcohol and meat are out for the week. Even going to the toilet during a seminar session can cost participants $100. As well, students can expect just a handful of hours sleeping time over the week, as very late nights and very early mornings are standard. There’s even a volleyball competition – the winners of which can take home more than one hundred thousand dollars cash…

Production Details
    A Puzzle Media production. Producer/director/writer Nigel Traill, Executive Producer for ABC TV Dasha Ross.
    Subtitles
    Rating:    PG 
    Subject: Documentary

kay henry

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr

Sounds like I should practice for volleyball instead of looking for porperty!!
    If I were paying $10k I sure as heck would want some tea and biscuits.

J

Profile photo of _se7en__se7en_
    @_se7en_

Crikey,

Thanks for posting that article from the ABC Kay.

Sounds like it is run almost like a religious cult.

Looking foward to watching it tonight.

@kay-henry

se7en,

Food and sleep deprivation are sure cult methods. It weakens people’s resolve and makes them unable to think straight. A real estate cult guy, Roy McDonald’s been doing the same thing in northern NSW. Check this out:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/12/1063341767990.html?from=storyrhs

kay henry

@_se7en_

You would be better off joining the army

You would learn more and get paid for it

@kay-henry

se7en,

Here’s Roy Mcdonald’s new cult page:

http://www.onelife.com.au/default.asp?pg=1

Check out his calendar on that site. Seems it’s full all year of events!! [lmao]

Wish I wasn’t so jealous of this guy and all his successes! It’s why I’m bringing down such a tall poppy- because I just wish I’d done what he’s done [jerry] hehe. I urge you ALL to learn from this financial wizard and guru- good luck! [upsidedown]

kay henry

@kay-henry

1 hour to go- tick tick… just thought I’d put this at the top so all you “active topics” junkies can get to see it [whistle]

kay henry

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by kay henry:

1 hour to go- tick tick… just thought I’d put this at the top so all you “active topics” junkies can get to see it [whistle]

kay henry

Nah – you’re just getting your post count up [snitch]

Derek
    [email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email welcome.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

thought the show was ok, but find that brad sugars is to much on personal development, though i am interest in watching rick otton and to see what he has to say and what his views on wraps are…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

@kay-henry

That was AWFUL. God, why pay 8k and buy cars for these guys?

kay henry

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi all, just finished watching the show. I thought the point you made Kaye was quite insightful re: lack of sleep, etc. I liked the way of challenging peoples core values but I’ve seen and experieced that before with umpteen freebie seminars. I wasn’t impressed with what I thought (just my opinion) exploiting one girls public confession of feeling ugly and thoughts of suicide only for him to reply ‘you’ve got a nice arse’. I just felt that that was not only tacky but the ‘cult’ peer pressure took advantage of her to not only win a round of applause from the audience for her ‘courage’ but just served to entrench the ‘cult’ mentality and hype and put more coffers into his pocket. I would have preferred to have seen the $100k donated to a volley ball team go towards mental health which our government is sadly lacking in that department. But I digress. The hype can be the catalyst to ‘catapault’ oneself to change personal habits and re:evaluate that it is possible to attain financial independence. After all, that’s what Steve’s conference did for me. For that reason, the $1000 was the best $1000 I think I’ve spent in a long while. Next week should be interesting as it looks at wraps.
    Cheers!

@kay-henry

I thought it was funny how the guy said he has a higher IQ than most people (I usually find that people who mention their own IQ’s are not the brightest bunch) and then he wrote up a word on butcher’s paper “SUCCESFUL”. hehe- I laughed my head off [thumbsupanim]

kay henry

Profile photo of JayJay
    @jay
    Originally posted by kay henry:

I thought it was funny how the guy said he has a higher IQ than most people (I usually find that people who mention their own IQ’s are not the brightest bunch) and then he wrote up a word on butcher’s paper “SUCCESFUL”. hehe- I laughed my head off [thumbsupanim]

kay henry

Kay,

He has more money than anyone on this board, and he’s in his early 30’s…

As far as Im concerned, he’s bright enough for me.

As to your complaint about the price of his seminar.. it works out pretty much to the same hourly cost as Steve’s one day seminar… where was your uproar when people posted about Steves one day seminar for $1200?

Jay.

Profile photo of elviselvis
    @elvis

[strum]

I also saw an advert during the week about this show and guy from work (who is knee-deep in options-trading) discussed it with me. He seems hyped up about watching it.

If I was Brad Sugar I would be happy with the show as a lot of gullible people will sign up for his performances. I say performance as this surely cannot be classified as a seminar – which are for educational purposes.

The educated people [grad] who don’t brag about their IQ will see through the charade. He recommended to the couple to buy a property where the rent more than covers expenses and the mortgage – Oh!, shock horror – that’s a new one! Then he bragged about the business that was bought for 3K with a pending offer of 85K (it actually sold for 57K). What wasn’t mentioned here was – how much did they spend on startup costs like new equipment, insurance, property maintenance, lease etc?

When he was sitting in his home theatre he looked very lonely….hhhhmmmm?

Anyway, those pies looked yummy!![cigar]

Regards,
    Elvis

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Just a note re IQ test’s, my Father used to do a few of them with his work..he stated that IQ test’s just make you better at taking IQ test’s [biggrin] his score kept getting better ..[blink]

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

@_se7en_

Enjoyed the show

Brad Sugars (ie the messiah) is very slick, and a great salesman.

The seminars we a bit to rah-rah for me.

Glad that they followed the two couples over 9 months

I think he will get a lot more people thru this show.

It shows that there are a lot of people who need to led, and told what to do.

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by Still in School:

Hi Guys,

thought the show was ok, but find that brad sugars is to much on personal development, though i am interest in watching rick otton and to see what he has to say and what his views on wraps are…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Hey SIS,

Personally I think personal growth and investing go hand in hand.

If ones to be successful at investing I believe one needs to personally grow to break old habits.

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.