All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Maintainance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of A1ozA1oz
    Participant
    @a1oz

Hi all,
    My partner and i were wondering if there is a minimum % that you factor in for a Property Maint person when you do the Financial Analysis.
    the reason for the question is that were are at present looking at 2-3 country properties to purchase.
    Scenario: we live approx 2-3 hrs away from 1 of these dwellings, the tenant calls to say that one of the water taps is leaking and needs to be repired.
    Do i use a maint person or go and repair it my self (baring in mind that i still have a full time job as well).
    This may sound silly but i’m sure there are others out there that have had to resolve this kind of issue.
    Once again thankyou for you time [biggrin]

Regards
    Gus

Your only here for a short time so enjoy life as best you can.

Your only here for a short time so enjoy life as best you can.

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Depending on the tenants, most are pretty good, and wouldnt mind doing the odd little job themselves, if not maybe offer a small fee for their services.

If they not interested, property managers usually know the local handy man

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

When You purchase the property do a check for things that may need fixing and attend to these before you rent it out.Reseat taps and renew washers yourself before renting this is a easy job and can save money calling out plumbers at $55 p/hour.Basically if something looks as tho it may need attention then do it now and save yourself some hassles..Best to look for low maintenance property to start with.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.