All Topics / Opinionated! / Posting for the sake of it

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

As someone who comes to the forum to learn and hopefully pass on help to others if I have the knowledge, I am getting a tad tired of having to scroll through numerous posts that are irrelevant, or don’t actually contribute to the thread.

putting short posts that don’t give any information (and are only being used to get your post count up – like that’s such an important thing) just gives me more #$% screen space to scroll through to find the information that counts.

By all means post your little hearts out – but could we keep those down in forum fun, where the whole idea is fun?

Moderators? Where are you??? Do you back this up???

CD[cop]!!!!!

CastleDreamer

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr
    Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Quite right CD.

May I suggest you become the guardian on this website.

All you need to do is to post a post which contains the following [thumbsdownanim and put your minicker in the post as well (‘CD’) and everyone will get the message.

Your monicker in such a case can stand for ‘CondemneD’.

Pisces

Profile photo of sunshinesunshine
    @sunshine

Oh pleeeeeeeease!!!
    There is enough bad vibes in life without this. Does it really take that long! A few seconds really to scan through. I enjoy the posts as it gives a sense of personality behind the names, and I am sure no one looks remotely like anything I had imagined. But it’s all good.

Please, get a sense of patience and a life, Have a coffee while you scan. Sing a song, anything, to make you feel happier than you do.

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Next thing you will want to sell us a CD to keep us from getting upset,Sunshine. [biggrin]

Pisces

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

I second CastleDreamer.

IMHO this is by far the most active property forum in Australia in terms of the number posts, but the quality & value of the posts overall is the second worst.

However it’s still a young forum & I expect with some age will mature somewhat.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Aceydeucey,

What’s the worst forum then? And I’m curious to know why you think this forum is so bad… I have no ties to Steve, I’m no expert either and don’t claim to be… I just try and delete posts that are abusive etc, so I’m not being defensive over your comments.

FWIW I learn a lot more at the somersoft.com forum, but I do enjoy some of the debates here, however pointless they may seem to some.

Plus, I also agree with Castle Dreamer’s original sentiments…

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

hmmm. As it’s the opinion forum, I’ll add mine.

Aceyducey said:

“but the quality & value of the posts overall is the second worst.”

Acey, I’m surprised you called richmond on not properly attributing info from somersoft, reason partly being about lack of “politeness”, and yet you are very quick to condemn the “quality and value” of posts in here. Is that polite? You’ve made all of 15 posts on the PI.com forum, Acey. Speaking for myself, I’m not out for your seal of approval. And please don’t think me “defensive”. I think your comments are a generalised putdown.

Castledreamer and I have had chats about the nature of her comments and she was certainly not generalising about the Forum. On the contrary, she was referring to specific off-topic posts.

kay henry

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

Being a recent logger to this forum, I have quite enjoyed the happy, and friendly atmosphere.

Sure, some threads are a bit short, but in amongst it all, I have found some absolute gems.

I think the casual, fun attitude serves a good purpose, to get everyone chatting; be it a newbie who is only toying with the idea of property investing, or a seasoned investor who may be generous enough to share their successful strategies.

Big thumbs up from me, I like it here.[thumbsup2]

Cheers Brenda[sunny]

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Firstly I would like to say welcome to Aceyducey and Brenda Irwin, great to have you here.

Then Castledreamer, I agree with you on this, having said that and I have said this before the forum is made up of so many different types of people, some are genuine investors and some think they are and some just aren’t hence the diverse responses.

The forum is a friendly one in comparision to others and it lends itself to some irrelevant information being posted.

As a moderator I would ask that people don’t post very short useless posts for the sack of numbers, it is unfair on other members. But to everyone let’s not get bogged down in small issues, lifes to short.

Finally, Aceyducey I disagree that the quality of information here is inferior to other forums, having read many of the stupid off topic debates that take place at somersoft I would say that it happens in all forums.

Cheers
    Leigh K[biggrin]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>Is that polite? You’ve made all of 15 posts on the PI.com forum, Acey.<<

Kay, for heavens sake, what does the number of posts one has made got to do with the value (or otherwise) of a particular statement ???

>>I’m not out for your seal of approval. And please don’t think me “defensive”. I think your comments are a generalised putdown<<

The above paragraph sure does come through as you being defensive Kay. [wink]

There is absolutely no need to feel that someone is having a go at you, we all are merely having a friendly conversation.

Cheers,

Pisces

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Well I,ve only been here for a short while and I love the site.Short or long who cares so long as we r all having a bit of fun learning something here and there and making new friends even if we dont actually meet them lol.Post away guys and gals I love reading it all.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Castledreamer,

I must say that I agree with you. I used to LOVE being a regular part of this forum, and highly respected the moderators for their words of wisdom.

I have not been here much of late, as I find I am not learning much here anymore. The petty disagreements back and forth are so needless. We are all here to learn and help others – aren’t we??

I set a goal for myself to try to help others on this forum who are starting out, since I am part of the MAP program. Steve & Dave are helping me as a MAP participant, and I believe that what goes around comes around, however, lately it all seems like a waste of precious time.

Perhaps I need a holiday !![strum]
    Lucky I am going on holidays this week – to Fiji…YAY!!!

Sorry guys & gals – I will try to come back refreshed and revitalised.[thumbsup2]

Bye,

Del

Profile photo of BlackJackBlackJack
    Participant
    @blackjack

Vote 1 CastleDreamer [bobby]

I see enough ‘lol’ replies on my 13 year-old’s msnchat to be bothered seeing them here.

I visit this forum and Somersoft equally – but for different reasons. I find Somersoft contributions more complex (and usually a tad out of my depth [blink]) but what I do understand I trust as being from a reliable source.

This forum I confess to feeling more comfortable asking dumb questions and participating in the Fun or Opinionated.

The other difference is that here it is obvious that the number of posts in no way signifies the experience or reliability of the advice/opinion offered – which is a bummer! [cigar]

ps. Acey, you’re my hero… [lmao]

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

CD & your supporters,

Take a look at the forum again and see what you saw. As far as I can see it have been divide to many category.
    1. Re: Property Investing (General Property and Help Needed are where most people seeks informations without interruption) and I see fairs posts there.

2. Investing Support: Eventhough I don’t hang around in this area much but I see quality informations in there as well.

3. Resources (there are quite a lot valuable info in From 0 to 130 Properties and heads up).

4. Community | General Matters (isn’t it what it all about, opinionated, Fun and discuss?

For me I like to have a lot of fun in the forum frolic where all the nonsense, jokes, riddles, games is kick in. But when come to serious stuff then I will try my best to answer questions especially in ‘General Property’ and ‘Help Needed’. If you have the knowledges and would like to shares, why not? if you like to have fun, why not hang around in forum frolic. There’s no one stopping you unless you did stupid things.

I believe people can posts whatever they like as long as it is not offensive to other and according to the rule. If it is not according to the rule then the admin or moderators has the power to remove it. what’s wrong with LoL, what’s about smilies faces, isn’t it what it is for? If you don’t express your feeling by using LoL or [juggle] [guitar] [strum][drummer] [whip] [worried] [whistle] then how do you do it?

These are just a thought and would like to express my opinions and anyone can agree or disagree.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

“This forum I confess to feeling more comfortable asking dumb questions …”

This forum, I find, is so nice as to think that there are no dumb questions. People have to start gaining knowledge somewhere. If people genuinly don’t know something and ask for help, why would this have to be classed as a ‘dumb question’?

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

As long as Chan keeps to the frolic, then fine. But CD is right where people reply with something as insightful as a smilie or a single word answer.

Profile photo of BlackJackBlackJack
    Participant
    @blackjack

Celivia,

You are correct and I apologise. I guess I used the expression because amid the wealth of knowledge on this and other forums I often do feel slightly dumber than average in the property game.

Won’t happen again… [withstupid]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

You’re right Blackjack[smiling], I also feel that compared to others, ‘me know nothing’ but have really found this forum is here to help everyone from beginner to experienced (lucky for me).
    This is what I like, you can ask anything and they understand, because one day (a long time ago or not so long ago) they were a beginner, too.
    So I give [thumbsup2] to this site and it’s fantastic that we can ask anything we don’t ‘get’.

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Must admit, I have not been to somersoft, so have no comment.

Regarding this site, I believe it is wonderful for many reasons.

i) firstly , it is basically unmoderated to the site owners wishes. Some OS sites are hopeless, and EVERY post is praising the site owners system. What a load of crap. Bec’s postings on vf sites would be deleted in a millisecond, and Steves name is blacked out. Is this really a conversation flowing between members, or does everything get posted three days after being posted so it goes through the gestapos filter to remove unwanted thoughts about his system.

ii) diversity of people in background, knowledge. Everyone has some input, even if it is a comment viewed as ‘stupid’ by someone else.

iii) advice received is generally answered by multiple people quickly, and at no cost. Sure, we can front up to the 2-300 per hour suits and get the answers, but I always want to have a certain amount of knowledge prior to meeting the suits. That way , they can iron out the inconsistencies in my thinking.

Keep up the good work moderators, thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Two parting thoughts/shots

If you dont like it, leave
    The only stupid question is the question remaining unasked

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.