All Topics / General Property / Your average between drinks(ip’s)…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of taztaz
    @taz

Hi guys…

I’m interested to know what peoples average time between obtaining ip’s is…

taz

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Taz
    As long as it takes to find finance… which can be a long time nowadays!! [hmm]

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of afloatafloat
    Participant
    @afloat

We are doing one per week at the moment, when I first started in Nov 03 it was 6ish weeks. It is as quick as we are gaining $$.

head above water

Afloat

Profile photo of taztaz
    @taz

WOW AFLOAT!!!

Good on you… something for me to aspire to…!

taz

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Holy catfish Batman.. how many do you currently have Afloat ? and are you wrapping or buy n hold ??

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr

There’s an ad for this site at Jaffasoft, thats say Steve buys one every 11 days. I wonder if that is still the case?
    J

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Are we talking buy and hold or wrapping. I reckon there is a huge difference.

I buy and hold when I can afford it. My last purchase was 2 yrs ago. I am not sure when the next will be.

I am looking at upgrading my PPOR first.

Participant
    @afloat

I am a buy & holder and currently into our 6th since Nov 03.
    It took me at least 2 years to fully understand my market and niche area. We did many “dummy” strategies until we sorted the best for our stiuation.
    Everyone is different, aint we??
    I always remembered that you had to think “out there” and then a little more and I spose we are now reaping the rewards of our patience and homework. We are still learning on the job. fine tuning etc, as you should never let the mind go numb!!(mmmm after last nite).

head above water

Afloat

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

every four months so far. but I will speed up/catch up a bit this year by starting to gear my portfolio.

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Good on you afloat! That many in that short a time starting after the boom could not have been easy!

Could you share with the rest of us mere mortals what your niche is -reno/cp/develop, etc?

Profile photo of everdineeverdine
    @everdine

[wideeyed] WOW !!! WELL DONE !!
    There’s no smilie for AMAZING

Anyway, I am left wondering how people finance deposits and building inspections while they await loan approvals? We keep digging into our own finances and it’s slowing us down a bit.

Thanks, Diane

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

thats the problem, you kinda have to wait when you dont want to.

Im ready to go now I have some more funds…but not sure my bank manager wants too…LOL

The only thing constant is change

The only difference between a weed and a flower is a judgement

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

I bought myself an IP last year for my birthday in August, and one for xmas!! [xmas]

I’d like to do the same this year. Can’t see myself messing around too much now that I’m back into it after a few years absence. My ex told me last year she wanted to buy an IP each year and I thought she was crazy. She bought 3 last year, so obviously, she isn’t! We live and learn- I learned I CAN buy an IP each year, or at least I can this year before the moolah runs out [oink]

kay henry

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

go get em Kay!

I would like to buy one every 3 months, but bit hard, a second income helps keep food in the mouth

The only thing constant is change

The only difference between a weed and a flower is a judgement

Participant
    @minimogul

yay elves, and the great thing is that properties become like a second income, except without the overtime!

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss
    and the great thing is that properties become like a second income, except without the overtime

LOL, I seem to be doing plenty of overtime at present, with the reading, searching, driving etc. But at least this is something I like doing and perhaps as time goes buy less research is need as you know your areas better etc.

I’m interested to know what peoples average time between obtaining ip’s is…

I reckon we’ll do 2, maybe 3 this year, depends on funds.

Participant
    @minimogul

hi purple, yah the key word was ‘become’! it certainly is major major work finding a deal. but once they are happily tenanted and managed it’s so cool!!

Participant
    @afloat

My niche is buy at least 20-30% below FMV. Then we renovate ( I’m a registered builder as it also happens) and then after the tennent has been in for 4-6 weeks we refinance for the next property.

It really pays to have done your homework on your niche area and have a great team of people around you as well. Much like a football team, everyone has their specific skill and applies it accordingly

head above water

Afloat

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.