All Topics / General Property / Expressions of Interest – GEHA Leases

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Dept of Housing and Works in WA are looking for Expressions of Interest from landlords who wish to supply housing for short and long term leases in country areas (except Albany, Bunbury and Mandurah).

If you wish to check it out then go to http://www.dhw.wa.gov.au
    Closing date to register is 29th April 2004.

Profile photo of SlumLordSlumLord
    @slumlord

Can’t find anything about in on their web site? where is this information?

Thanks

Slum Lord

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Slumlord,

GEHA (Government Employees Housing Authority) is the WA organisation responsible for housing government employees in country areas of WA – except for those localities listedin the first post.

GEHA used to construct their own houses using cheaper levels of fitout and often with smallish floor dimensions.

Over the years nurses, teachers and police (largest tenant pools) found they had more and more difficulty attracting and retaining these employees in some country areas. A major issue being the standard of housing.

GEHA (DHW) now lease and sub lease suitable houses from private landlords and usually offer up to five year leases at above market rates.

Having been a GEHA tenant for many years (18) the move is considered very positive from an employee perspective.

Not sure of the financial arrangements between GEHA/DHW and landlord but we did often get a slightly cheaper rent that was topped up by the government.

Derek

[email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email welcome.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

The documents are under “regional services”

If you can’t find it on-line then contact Tim Banfield, his email is [email protected]

Regards
    PK

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

thanks a lot for sharing this, wish I had prop’s there myself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.